Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2003, 12:42 PM
Lainey

Default Cozumel tours

We'd like to do a tour while docked in Cozumel, but don't want the expense of the ones offered through our cruise ship. If you know of a Website for a company that specializes in Cozumel tours, I would appreciate it!

Lainey
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2003, 06:23 PM
cbe1621

Default Re: Cozumel tours

Try shoretrips.com. I just booked a tour from them for March 12 (the Tri-Activity ATV, kayak, and snorkel tour). They were able to get the tour operator to make a special time just for us since the two times offered would not have allowed us to go. Make sure to note that the times are local island time, and that some ships keep EST time when sailing (that was our dilemma). We received prompt and friendly responses to our e-mails and they were able to confirm our booking with the tour operator same day.

Hope this helps!
Old March 6th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Cozumel tours

Hi Lainey,
You may want to get a cab over to Chankanaab Park, short ride from the pier, good snorkeling and the dolphin swim is also there:

http://www.cozguide.net/chankan.html

Here is a link to an excursion company that may have something thats interest you:

http://www.shoreexcursions.com/

Happy Cruising!

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 12th, 2003, 04:11 PM
phredt

Default Re: Re: Re: Cozumel tours

The following is a post I found in another site, can't remember where. The author included another web site that may be of interest in planning your stop in cozumel:

Nothing against Chankanaab or Playa Sol, but as a full-time resident of the island, I can tell you that there is so much more.

There are lots of other beaches and beach clubs that do not charge an entrance fee.

Chankanaab is $10.00 to get in and the snorkeling is okay, but we like the Dzul Ha area much better.

Consider renting a car for the day and driving around the island. The east side is not to be missed and there are no tour packages that will take you there. Miles of white sand beaches and open sea. Only a few cabana-type restaurants. No electricity, no hotels, no beach clubs.

www.cozumelinsider.com offers an excellent beach chart for the entire island with info on the amenities offered at each location. You can then go to a separate page and read more about that beach as well as check out the photos.

Enjoy!

Ross in Cozumel