Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Passenger

Default Narciso "cheech" Garcia/Belize tour guide

Has anyone used this tour guide before. He is listed on the Belize Tourism Board as a registered tour guide. I am wondering because the quote that he gave us is so much lower than all of the others. We are supposed to be visiting Altun Ha ruins & Belize Zoo.
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2003, 11:30 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Narciso "cheech" Garcia/Belize tour guide

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but your question sparked a new question for me... How//where did you find independent tour guides and their prices. I had trouble finding any independent operators for Belize and Roatan. sounds like I wasn't looking in the right places. would appreciate any feedback you can provide. thanks.
Old May 20th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Narciso "cheech" Garcia/Belize tour guide

In Belize all tour guides are supposed to be registered/licensed with the Belize Tourism Board. I went to their website at www.travelbelize.org then clicked on "tour services". Click on the things that you want to see/do & what area you will be in and if you are looking for a tour guide (private) or tour operator (agency). This will give you a list of all that specialize in the kind of tour that you want. I did this and sent an email to all of them for a quote. Most were very responsive and friendly. I have been told by local Belizans that were on a Belize forum board that anyone who is registered with the BTB should be ok because they have training they have to attend etc. I would not go with anyone that is not licensed or who say that they are but you can't find them listed. If there is a question then send an email to the BTB & they are also very responive. Hope this helps!