Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Beginner

Default Where can we find good deals for Shore Excursions on Carniva

This will be our first cruise and we are getting conflicting information ... go local (same and cheaper) ... go with Carnival (much more reliable). Can you experienced cruisers give some input? We'll be going Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.
Many Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2003, 07:43 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Where can we find good deals for Shore Excursions on Car

I have been on 4 Carnival cruises....the first couple times I only did Carnival's excursions...this year I decided to do things on my own (there were 11 of us traveling together!!), We went to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. In Cozumel we caught a cab to Chankanaab National Park and had a great time. I booked the dolphin swim through Dolphin Discovery, which is in the park. In Grand Cayman we did Captain Marvin's Stingray City. We only did the two hour excursion and still had plenty of time to enjoy Cayman. Ocho Rios we used Peat Taylor...he was awesome. We got a way better deal then the ones who paid twice as much on the ship! I called Carnival and had them fax me a copy of the shore excursions with the prices so that I could compare everything before I booked anything. As I said there were 11 of us traveling together...7 were first timers...they all had a blast and are talking about next year. From now on I will always check out local businesses before I just go with Carnival.
Old June 6th, 2003, 08:19 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Where can we find good deals for Shore Excursions on

Thanks. I appreciate the help!!!
Old June 6th, 2003, 09:28 AM
Lisa K

when in Jamacia definatley book with Peat Taylor. In Caymen - either Captain Marvin or Captain Brian's tours of StingRay City are a must see. In Cozumel - you can spend the day at Channunkaab National Park - get there by taxi - book him round-trip to make sure you get back to the ship in time.- you can swim, relax, snorkel or do the Dolphin Swim. If you want to do some exploring you can do the ruins at Tulum. If you love to snorkel then i this is where i would recommend booking a ships excursion - Book onto a dive tour of the Palencaar Reef - awesome. Don't forget a stop at Carlos& Carlie's for a marquerita after a long hot day.
Old June 6th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Where can we find good deals for Shore Excursions on

Thanks Lisa. I found Cpt Marvin on the net. Is Peat Taylor also on the net?
Old June 6th, 2003, 03:32 PM
Admiral

As a first timer, I just have to recommend that you stick pretty much with the ships tours. Yes you will pay a few bucks more but you will also have the knowledge that these people has been checked out by professionals and passed their requirements.
Jim