Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2003, 09:16 AM
Passenger

Default cozumel and grand cayman

Hi. I know someone recently asked about the Horseback Riding in Cozumel. I too found a cheaper way to do it other than the cruiseline, but the tour is for like 3 hours, in the woods past a replicated mayan ruin. I love horses and my husband wants to take me riding in Cozumel, rather than at some ranch by our house. He feels it will be more romantic. I just want to kniw if anyone has done this and how bad you hurt after three hours on a horse? Thanks.

Also, has anyone done the tour in Grand Cayman that is 4 hours, goes to the turtle farm, Hell and the Stingray Sandbar? It seems like a n awful lot to do in 4 hours so I wanted to know if it was worth doing because I would really enjoy all three things. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Renada

Default Re: cozumel and grand cayman

If you want to do horseback riding there is a shorter tour in Grand Cayman. You can do a 1-1/2 beach ride which is incredible and yes romantic, you can even book a private ride if you want to be along. We did it for our honeymoon and they even picked up a bottle of champagne for us and we paid for it when we got there. The ride was wonderful and the operator was extremely friendly and she had very well trained horses.

We found them listed on the Cayman Islands Discounts site, caymanislandsdiscounts.com , they are listed in the activities section.
Old August 9th, 2003, 08:23 PM
clem

Default Re: cozumel and grand cayman

Yes, we just did that excursion in Grand Cayman. The Turtle Farm was fun. They give you plenty of time to look around, and even hold some of the turtles. Hell--well..I could have forgetten that stop..but we were only there 20 min. Of course, the highlight was the stingrays. We had plenty of time to do this, and never felt rushed at all through this whole excursion. It was well worth the money!!!
Old August 11th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: cozumel and grand cayman

The only problem with horseback widing in Grand Cayman is I would not be able to do the tour to the turtle farm and the stingrays.
Old August 27th, 2003, 01:45 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: cozumel and grand cayman

Clem,

You say you did the tour in Cayman with the turtle farm, stingrays and Hell. I just read the cruise book at it is 4 1/2 hours long and says it also stops at the seven mile beeach now. I am curious to know how it fits all that in that time. Are these places close to gether? About how long were you at each stop? Also, I notice it is cheaper to do this tour than it is to just do the stingrays (that is more expensive). That makes no sense to me either. Any idea why this might be?

Thanks again.