Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2003, 06:19 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Bo
Default Reg Tours {Belize}

We are going on a cruise with Carnival in a few months and want to go cave tubing in Belize. I came upon the Reg Tours website and it sounded like a great deal. I'd appreciate any information from cruisers who had taken this tour.
Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2003, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Reg Tours {Belize}

Hi Bo,
We too are interesting in booking with Reg for some cave rafting in Belieze, have heard mostly good things about this tour, although some walking which is fine too. Please be sure to post back about it after you go and thanks.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 1st, 2003, 05:01 PM
Passenger

Will let you know after our cruise--leaving Sept. 12/03, taking the cave tubing with reggie. if i forget, e-mail me after Sept. 22nd
Ron
Old September 1st, 2003, 05:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Reg Tours {Belize}

Hi Buba,
Will do, enjoy the cruise and Belize, really interested in hearing all about that port and the cave tubing. We don't cruise until Feb. 22nd of next year, but looking forward to it.

Have Fun!

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 7th, 2003, 10:54 PM
chiquita

You might want to check out the X-Stream Cave Tubing, we've signed up for it as you do an additional cave plus they pick you up at the port where with Reggie we'd have to walk to get to him and I'm nervous about walking around on our own in Belize City.

Go to www.belizecruiseexcursions.com and you'll find it.
Old September 10th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Reg Tours {Belize}

i will be on ur cruise, and i am also going cave tubing see u there!!
Old September 15th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Reg Tours {Belize}

My wife and I just went cave tubing with Reggie on 9/2/03. there were 6 of us in his van. he was a really great guy. his van was ok with cool a/c. carnival sent 7-8 big coach busses to the same place. the ride to the caves is about an hour and the actual in water time is only about 45 minutes. There is also the 45 minute walk through the jungle (very nice). we ran across the Carnival tours but just stepped around them. the excursion was worth it but some complained about the in water time.
The walk to Reggie's van is absolutely no big deal. you go through the 'terminal and turn right outside. you walk about 250-300 feet and he is right there to meet you. I have read alot about reggie and all I can say is he will take good care of you. you must have water socks or old shoes. No bug spray is needed. one thing to watch out for. pay attention while on the ship to see if the tubing is cancelled. if the river is too high they will not go. we were in reggie's van on the way to the caves when he told us that this is the rainy season and it was possible that the river would be too dangerous. if that was the case he would take us on a city tour or ruins or something. i'm not sure but there would be no refund.Be prepared to do some paddling. I would do this again.

MARINER OF THE SEAS 10/31/2004
Sensation 4/17/2004
SOS 4/2003
Fantasy 1991 AND 2002
GLORY 8/2003
Old September 15th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Reg Tours {Belize}

I copied this from another post

Hi there...feel free to email me at any time!
My new wife and I went cave tubing in Belize with Reggie (Reggie Trapp) ... We HIGHLY RECOMMEND Reggie and his "staff". He is the cave tubing master for the Central American country of Belize! Great tour! He is less expensive than going straight thru Jaguar Paw resort. And it is near the same tubing location. Also, I DO NOT recommend booking thru Carnival directly. Book privately with Reggie. . We went on Carnival Inspiration and the cave tubing people who booked thru the ship said that there was a PACK of people on their tour. Their large bus got stuck in the mud. And it just was not as "private" and "quiet" like it was for the 13 of us who went with Reggie. Plus he has his own tubes and routine. So we got to slip in thru the gates while other people were in line from the tour buses. Very cool indeed. Yes, wear bug spray (bring it with you and spray on upon arrival)... wear WATER SHOES! You will walk about 40 mins thru the jungle. We saw Army ants in 5 inch wide formations. We went into a dry cave where we saw "fruit bats" hanging everywhere! When tubing down the river, you will GET WET. Bring a towel to leave in the van. Your stuff is safe in the van. BRING UNDERWATER CAMERAS (at least 2 of them) Get the ones with the elastic strap. Dont forget to leave your wallet somewhere or bring a waterproof wallet. There is a "hut" back at the "base camp" that is run by Jaquar Paw resort type people. If you are quick, you can change in the bathrooms and get over to that hut and buy yourself a BELIKEN (Belize Beer) it is good and it is only 2 bucks american hee hee... plus they gave us a free mango! (bring a paper towel) lol ... DId I forget to say SUNSCREEN!!!??? There are places to shop at the Belize port also. But their prices were high right at the port. Go out of the main gates to get away from the hype. There are some nice people out there and some hustlers. (of course) but you are safe. There is a nice man that was at the Cave tubing site near where you park the van. He sells "river slate carvings" ..i got one for 20 bucks ..some were 15 bucks. Very cool and he is a nice kid that carves them. He is a blanket trader. Don't be afraid to approach these people. You can bargain with them also. But you will pay a lot more $ at the port for the same thing. if you can find it ... feel free to email me anytime. I have had great tours in the following ports (grand cayman, costa maya, cozumel) stingray city, kohunlich mayan ruins and atv wild tours respectively) ...markmerritt2002@yahoo.com

MARINER OF THE SEAS 10/31/2004
Sensation 4/17/2004
SOS 4/2003
Fantasy 1991 AND 2002
GLORY 8/2003