Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2003, 05:48 PM
ken brown

Default port costa maya

has any one been there? is so please let me know. i have would like to know more about the the port..
thanks be blessed
ken
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2003, 07:50 AM
grim

Default Re: port costa maya

We spent one afternoon in Costa Maya when we sailed on the Grand Princess. There is basically just vendors there. Someone said you could see a village down the beach by horseback but didn't speak to anyone who did this. There is a couple of bars there and a salt water pool which wasn't used much. I assume you are going on a cruise ship. Most of the excursions are to visit Mayan ruins. I didn't hear of any disappointments except one ruin was a very long bumpy busride. The pier is fairly new and worth getting off the boat. They have a tram every few minutes that can take you down the pier if you don't want to walk (no charge), so you can look around and not spend a cent if you wish. We bought silver and gold there at a very good price. My son bought a hand carved marble chess set for $20 US. If the vendor sees your interested in something and offers a price, just start walking away and the price is almost half. I don't believe there is a beach there. Hope this helps. Feel free to email me if you have any specific questions.
Old October 5th, 2003, 02:37 PM
ken brown

Default Re: Re: port costa maya

thank you very much ..
what kind of price do you get on gold and silver????

be blessed ken