Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2003, 07:06 PM
outlaw

Default Atlantis Sub--Cozumel

Has anybody taken the Atlantis Sub trip in Cozumel? I'm trying to decide whether I should book through RCCL or directly through them. How far from the Royal Caribbean pier is the Atlantis facility? Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2003, 04:04 PM
Duster

Default Re: Atlantis Sub--Cozumel

We went on the Atlantis Submarine last fall and loved it! Went through Carnival shore tours. There was a place for us to wait for a boat to pick us up at our pier. The boat takes you to the sub (about 15 minutes)and you climb in.

This was the first time I had seen under the ocean coral reefs and I really enjoyed the experience. Since I don't scuba this was a wonderful way to see the fish without getting wet (in air conditioned comfort). How many people can say they have been in a submarine?

Highly recommended and well worth the tour price!
Old November 1st, 2003, 07:31 PM
Bomby

How long was the Atlantis Sub excursion and do you recall how much it cost? Thanks!
Old November 5th, 2003, 01:51 AM
Duster

This 48-passenger submarine will take you between 60 and 100 feet below the ocean’s surface in order to explore the wonders of “Chankanaab”, Part of the world’s second largest reef. Chankanaab’s underwater marine park was established in order to protect the delicate balance of coral reefs, not to mention countless species of tropical fish that call these reefs home. Until now only divers were able to explore this unique attraction, but now you can see all of this without ever getting wet! After a short bus ride to the pier, you will board a U.S Coastguard certified submarine and tour the ocean in dry, air-conditioned comfort.

Approximately 1-˝ hours – Dive time 45-minutes

$71.00 Adult
$36.00 Child
Old November 6th, 2003, 06:05 AM
Bomby

Is that Carnival's price or the price if we book it directly with Atlantis subs? Thanks!
Old November 9th, 2003, 11:48 AM
Duster

Default Re: Re: Atlantis Sub--Cozumel

That's Carnival's price.