Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Alex

Default Belize - Goff'sCaye vs. Caye Caulker

Help! We can't decide which excursion to do. We are considering one through BelizeCruiseExcursions to Goff's Caye with 1snorkel stop. Goff''s Caye looks like a remote dreamy little island with great snorkleing. We are also looking at a tour to Shark Ray Alley and Caye Caulker with a tour company called CoralBreezeLimited. Has anyone been to either Caye? Or used either of the tour companies I mentioned? We have 3 children (ages6,7,9) and the snorkeling at Goff's Caye sounds more child friendly than Shark Ray Alley yet Caye Caulker might be a fun place to stop with kids. It sounds like there is more to do (restaurants, shops, beaches).
Thanks!
Alex
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2004, 08:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Belize - Goff'sCaye vs. Caye Caulker

My husban and I did the Shark Ray Alley Snorkle....I would not recommend it for your young children. The snorkling is nice, however, you are no where near land, just a boat. It would be awful for your children to get scared or sea sick from the movement and not have land to retreat to. (The reason I mention the sea sickness...I was perfectly fine on the Cruise Ship, I never at any point felt ill, however the montion of the "gently rocking" boat at the snorkling area made me very ill and there was nowhere to have the movement stop)
Old January 10th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Rania

Hi Alex!!

Tell me what you find out!! I have 3 kids, ages 8, 6, and 3. We are on the Paradise March 7, 2004. I am still totally confused about what we are going to do in Belize and in Isla Roatan....really challenging with a 3 year old and we are on a "budget!"

Thanks!!
Old January 28th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Happy Camper

I think the kids would be fine on either trip. Both are very long - over an hour boat rides so either way.. And Goeffs Cay from what I can tell is not an island you can get on. It is very tiny - you snorkel around it. Cay Caulker is a large island with a lot on it. We stopped there for bait. We actually stopped after the Shark Ray Alley tour in San Pedro - tiny real pretty island. Debbie