Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2003, 05:23 PM
LucyCoconut

Default How to Pay for Excursion Booked Early

If I booked a shore excursion through the ship over the internet, can I ask them to take the payment out of my Sign and Sail Account that I set up once I am on the ship? Or must I pay by credit card?
Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: How to Pay for Excursion Booked Early

Hi Lucy,
I've noticed that when pre-booking on line that they do require a credit card and do bill you for it. If for some reason the excursion gets cancelled or you want to cancel it at least 24 hours beforehand, they will credit your credit card on your sign and sail account. I have had this happen and the credit is almost automatic.

If there is an excursion that you really want at a specific time, then I'd suggest to go ahead and pre-book it online, your tickets will be in your cabin when you board.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 19th, 2003, 10:44 AM
Admiral

pre-book it and use a credit card.
Old December 3rd, 2003, 09:12 AM
Captain

We've pre-booked on Princess in 2002 and NCL in 2003 and did not have to pay with a credit card prior to the trip, so that's really confusing to me that others were required to pay prior to the cruise. On our sailings (Alaska and Europe), the cruise lines simply added the shore excursions to our on-board accounts, but there were no charges to our credit card prior to sailing. Maybe it depends on where you are going.

Donna
Old December 3rd, 2003, 04:53 PM
Passenger

How do you find out the prices and how do you book early? My husband wants to dive in Roatan in Jan. when we sail there and was curious to pricing and reserving. Tried to go directly with company and they said that we had to go through Carnival.
Went on carnival but only found info, no prices and reservations.
THanks so much for help, Mo
Sailing Paradise- Jan 11th. Can't hardly wait.
Old December 3rd, 2003, 05:26 PM
Captain

Default Re: Re: How to Pay for Excursion Booked Early

Hi Mo,

I would suggest that you check with your travel agent to see if he/she can get you an advance copy of the shore excursion booklet. I guess every cruise line handles this differently, and I haven't been on Carnival recently. On some of the other cruise lines, the shore excursion booklet along with instructions for booking on-line are sent about 2-3 months prior to sailing. If your travel agent can't help or if you booked directly with Carnival, I would ask for a supervisor at the reservation number to see if they can help.

Good luck,
Donna
Old December 5th, 2003, 05:23 PM
First Mate

Carnival doesn't let you book anything in advance, you can use the funvision on your tv in your room to book excursions, you can avoid the lines at the excursion desk this way.