Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Mark&Deb

Default San Juan 1/6/04

1st cruise (1st empty nester vacation!!!). 1st port San Juan 4p-10p-any suggestions @ this during this time while in port. Interested in some good authentic food & drink. Any one else taking this cruise 1/4-1/11 Eastern Caribbean-Radiance of the Seas? Also, Deb's 4-something b-day on the 10th & in Nassau-any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: San Juan 1/6/04

One bar to stop in is called the Cheeky Monkey in Nassau, it's a small quaint bar. Just ask for directions after you get off of the pier, it's whithin easy walking distance. (about a block outside of the shopping district) They make great frozen drinks. I don't remember if they take credit cards so bring some cash, it's an authentic Bahamian bar so make sure you bring singles and fives or you'll go home with some Bahamian dollars, I mean souveineers. {{grin}}

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old December 1st, 2003, 12:26 PM
Mark&Deb

Thanks for the info on the Cheeky Monkey in Nassau - will definately check it out.
Mark & Deb
Radiance 1/3/04
Old December 7th, 2003, 10:59 PM
balann

I will keep the 'Cheeky Monkey' info, also. We are also taking the Radiance l/4/04, and need info on out of the main-street recomendation for great local eats & drinks. Any great authentic seafood places in S.J. or Nassau, that won't make us lose our appetite? Or should we just plan to eat on the ship?
Old December 8th, 2003, 09:24 PM
Mark&Deb

Default Re: Re: San Juan 1/6/04

To balann - yippee!!!! Someone else on the Radiance 1/4/04 - thought we were on the ghost ship! Have been reading some info on some places in S.J.-we too would like some authentic food. Plan on trying to get to the Parrot Club. Have some posts out @ how to get there & if walking distance. Think about if you would like to get together to do this.
Old December 14th, 2003, 08:17 AM
balann@hotmail.com

Default Re: Re: Re: San Juan 1/6/04

Mark/Deb

Yes, heard of the Parrot Club also. However, since such a short port time...I'm thinking we will have lunch on ship...and dinner??? Don't know. It gets dark at 6P...and...I'm not sure what my sister & I will do for dinner? Can you contact me...and we could talk?