What items should one take ashore for the day and if I go to beach, what do I do
with my items left on the beach while I am in the water? Are lockers available at the beach? This will be my first time on a cruise. HELP!
Bring only barest essentials - towel, camera, sign & sail card, bottle of water, maybe some snacks from the ship, suncreen, book or magazine, a few dollars in singles for cab fare, credit card if you plan on making any major purchases. Most beaches will have lockers for rent.
I just bring along my sign/sail card, enough cash for the day, and a towel. I usually bring along a backpack, so for shore excursions or shopping, that really comes in handy... Some beach do provide lockers, some don't. If there are none, you can bring a plastic bag for camera and bury in the sand by your towel, oh yea, and also a camera. If just going to a beach, just a disposable one, leave the good one onboard...
I was so glad that I brought a sport bag along on our tours, really helped to have something to put what you buy in and to put your towel and camera in. Alot of people on the tour with me made the comment "really wish I would have brought a bag too."
- waterproof pouch to put your cash in
- backpack or beach bag to put all your towels etc in
- watershoes for any rough areas
- plastic bags for wet bathing suits
- waterbottles too (we always take them cruise or other travel)
- underwater cameras
- if you have kids with you - snacks (might not always be easy to get in some areas)
- sunscreen!!! hats!!!
- leave all valuables in the room safe
We always found our bags safe on the beach. Hey no money, nothing to take. There are usually other cruisers close by who can keep an eye out anyways.