Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 19th, 2003, 07:52 AM
Greg smith

Default Fiesta Party Boat

I am trying to find out more information about the legendary Fiesta Party Boat, Is this excusion available to passengers of different cruise ships or just Carnival or Royal Carribean?

I am looking for something like this from Cozumel while I am there in January.

Any info would be great... this will be both my girlfriend's and my first cruise.

Princess Cruise Lines -- Grand Princess
Jan 4 -11
Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2003, 11:24 AM
Mary Bradley

Default Re: Fiesta Party Boat

I was on Carnival on 12-7-03 and we decided not to do the Party boat, but had friends that did. Through Carnival, it cost 39.00 pp and you ride this party boat (with PLENTY of rum punch) over to Playa Sol Beach club for 2 hours. At the Beach it's open Bar, and they have a beach, freshwater pool, lockers, water rentals, beach chairs,ect... It's alot of fun, but we wanted to stay there more then 2 hours, so we took a taxi over and it cost us 29.00 pp plus 6.00 for a taxi. We stayed about 5 hours, and most of the time we had the beach to ourselves.
I do reccommend either the party boat excursion, or the Playa Sol Beach Break excursion on Carnival-even if you go for a couple hours, it's well worth it!
Old January 6th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Passenger

Check with Princess about whether they offer this or not. I went with two friends 12/02 and am going again in 2 weeks. I was on the Victory in 02 and am taking the Triumph in 04--same itinerary. I WILL do this excursion again. Talk about fun. The Rum Punch and margaritas do flow freely. The entertainment was great as was the beach.
Old January 6th, 2004, 05:41 PM
D Walstead

Default Re: Re: Fiesta Party Boat

The Fiesta Party boat is a blast and the beach and the snorkeling were great. Be careful on consumption, my husband and I made the ships video....not our proudest moments. We were on it with Carnival but RCL does offer it as well. We were on Voyager in Nov and it was offered. We both looked at each other, giggled and decided to do something else. Have fun!
Old January 6th, 2004, 09:17 PM
starfighter

The Fiesta Party Boat tour is a lot of fun, but the free booze is Rum Punch and the Rum is not the best quality Rum. The boat is an old triple decker and is usually very crowded. There is also another tour called the Catamaran Sail and Snorkel. It's a 65 ft. new ocean going catamaran that takes you snorkeling and then to one of the best beaches around. On the beach, they have volleyball, kayaks and floats to use. They also have free booze on the boat, but the booze on this boat is Margaritas and beer and it's not so crowded that you have to fight your way to the bar. They're both a lot of fun, but Fiesta looks like a hillbilly cruise and the other like a playboy cruise. Either one you take, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.