Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Passenger

Default Bob Soto's - Grand Cayman

Hi,

I'm a solo looking for a tour to StingRay City - I've sent a note of inquiry off to Bob Soto's which came recommended in a book. Has anyone taken and can provide comments?

Conquest Jan 11
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2003, 11:05 PM
CrZyDiane

Default Re: Bob Soto's - Grand Cayman

HI
Can't provide comments on Bob Soto's...just wanted to say We have a party of 8 on Jan 11th Conquest
Old December 29th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Passenger

Default Snorkelers Dream Grand Cayman

Can't say anything about Sotos, except that we did look at it, Captain Marvins and Snorkelers Dream Catamaran and decided to go on the Catamaran.

Snorkeler's Dream was excellent!!! A catamaran makes the stingray city snorkeling excursion that much more enjoyalbe!
Old December 29th, 2003, 11:10 AM
First Mate

We chose Nativeways over Soto's. They were excellent!
Old January 2nd, 2004, 08:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

We just got back from Grand Cayman on the Inspiration, and did the Nativeways stingray trip following info from this list. It was an amazing, if strange, experience. One thing we got that other groups didn't: one of the crew held up the stingrays, and taught you how to hold them.They also had an underwater video camera and videographer, so you could get a video ( but no pressure).The cost was $25, and it was collected on the boat.
Heidi
Old January 7th, 2004, 11:58 AM
MeganS

My husband did the Sotos tour in November and he loved it. It was only $19 for three hours and three stops. The guides lured out an eel for the guests to see, and a nurse shark. Then at Sting Ray City the guests were able to hold and feed the rays. He met the guide right across the street from the tender docks. He said he would highly recommend them.
Megan
Old February 7th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to chismrules
Default Re: Re: Bob Soto's - Grand Cayman

Did you just do the Nativeway, because theier site says $30. We went on them in the fall and they were $25, but they didn't have a video camera. I was checking out Soto's also, their site said $24. What is the 3rd place that Soto's does that Native way doesn't that they list as the barrier reef. Was it any good. Thanks
Old February 8th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Kelsy Mead

We're looking at either Captain Bryans Catamaran for $34 per person, its a little more but you are on a 50ft Catamaran and I love to sail. or the other Catamaran is the Buccaneer that we found through this board.

The Buccaneer is the only one I can find with an onboard bar!!! I don't know if its an actual booze cruise but I definitely want to have a couple. It goes to Stingray City, Aquarium and Coral Gardens. I hope they are good snorkeling places.

Are there any other boats that serve "adult beverages" so I can compare them? The Buccaneer is $39.
Old February 10th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

We booked with Snorkler's Dream and found it was wonderful. We had 3 stops including stingray city sandbar. They also take you to the coral gardens and to the reef. Only 34.00 per person and the 47 ft catamaran is rarely crowded. There were only ten of us. And you serenaded by Captain Crosby on the sail back.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 12:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Bob Soto's - Grand Cayman

Are there any excursions that just take you to Stingray City and back without the snorkeling stops?