Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2004, 12:59 PM
mel shewchuk

Default Peat Taylor Jamaica Tour

Has anyone been on a tour with Peat Taylor? Just wondering if they're good and a safe option rather than going with the ship. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2004, 09:22 AM
wanda

Default Re: Peat Taylor Jamaica Tour

It was very safe and really worth it! I would do a tour again with him in a heart beat!
Old January 2nd, 2004, 12:18 PM
mel shewchuk

Thanks for your response. He sent me an email very quickly and his price of $40 pp for a tour to Dunn's River Falls and Fern Gully with shopping and lunch in Ochos Rios sounds quite reasonable(all other fees are included). I just wanted to see if someone else had used his service so thank you very much for letting me know that this would be a good deal!
Old January 7th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Peat Taylor Jamaica Tour

A family of 9 of us used him a couple of years ago. He was wonderful and very flexible. Takes you to Dunns River Falls first to avoid the crowds (so early that there was maybe one other group there), drives through Fern Gully (has some people who are waiting for you to show off their wares but can say no thank you politely). He provided us with an excellent overview of the area. We asked him to take us to a place for jerk chicken and he dropped us off at a wonderful BBQ place and then came back to pick us a bit later. The only part we didnt like is the shopping area. He took us to a very touristy spot which included their flea market which was terrible (offered drugs, pulled into stalls by vendors, etc) If you are interested in shopping I would do some research of other possible spots and avoid the normal place he takes you. For the record, we bought some jerk chicken spices and sauce only to find them available back at home.

Good luck, Peat is a very nice man and you definitely will not regret using his services
Old January 8th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Admiral

have heard nothing but praise for his tours