Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2004, 06:53 AM
dt

Default first time cruiser

i will be a first time cruiser along with my fiancee. we are going to be honeymooners. we will be on the carnival conquest . would love any tips . we will be visiting montego bay, grand cayman and cozumel. i am considering the snorkling adventures of montego bay and grand cayman and the jeep adventures of cozumel. would love to hear others opinions. i am most worried about the safety of the islands and missing the ship...can anyone calm my fears?
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Default Re: first time cruiser

There are some places where you might not be wise to "go it on your own". I'm afraid that Montego Bay might be such a place, although I've never been there personally. When in doubt, stick with the ship-sponsored tours. As for missing the ship, that's always a possibility (especially when you take an unsponsored tour in the afternoon). If your tour vehicle breaks down, or something else should happen to delay your return to the pier, the ship will not wait for you. If you take an excursion sponsored by the ship, on the other hand, you don't have to worry about this scary possibility.

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old January 18th, 2004, 11:03 AM
dee-lynn

Default Re: first time cruiser

sorry if I offend any people who love Montego Bay, but I would highly advise not going into Montego Bay alone. The people (vendors) are very pushy and will actually follow you around trying to get a bargain. Montegans do not know how to take no for an answer. If you are by yourselves, it may be possible to miss the ship due to being so pushed around.