Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2004, 11:37 AM
dayna

Default holiday inn grand cayman...changed names?

We were planning on going to the Holiday Inn on seven mile beach in April. I was checking the holiday Inn website for pictures and could not find the hotel listing. I just heard on another board that it was changed to a Marriott Courtyard. I still couldn't find it on the courtyard or marriott websites. I was wondering if anyone has been there recently. Are they still offering 10$ for a chair and water? Or do I need to esearch some alternatives?

Thanks, Dayna
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Admiral

Default Re: holiday inn grand cayman...changed names?

We were there the last week of October. We told the van taxi driver, Holiday Inn Beach and he made two stops before this but took us right there. Ten dollars was the rental fee for a lounge plus a water or soda. Go along the sidewalk where the taxi's line up towards the beachside building until you find the person taking money. He will take your money, give you the drink and get a beach boy to unlock a chair and put it where you want it. Great way to spend some time on a beautiful stretch of beach. Even if the hotel changes hands, it is across the street. It would be hard for them to not allow visitors. The beaches are public.