Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Beth L

Default Royal Caribbean Shore Excursion Suggestions for Trunk Bay in

My boyfriend and I are going on Navigator of the Seas on March 13-20. We would love to go to Trunk Bay while we are in St. Thomas. I heard that this was THE beach to go to. Any suggestions on how to get there. Should we cab it on our own or take one of Royal Caribbean's shore excusions?

Thanks, Beth L.
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Royal Caribbean Shore Excursion Suggestions for Trunk Ba

Trunk Bay is really nice, we had a good time there. They have a good snorkel trail.

If you don't use one of the boat excursions you will need to take the ferry over to St. John's, then get a cab in St. John's to get to Trunk Bay.

The debate over shore excursions, or doing it on your own is endless, you will have to do what is most comfortable for you.

If you decide to go it on your own, there are a couple of ways to get there. Taxi to Red Hook, ferry over. Taxi or walk, around to the ferry dock in Charlotte Amalie, which, I'm guessing is at least a mile from the cruise pier, and get the ferry there. I here they take about the same time and cost about the same. Just remember, it is up to you to get back to the ship on time.

Go online and get the ferry prices and schedules, so you know when to leave etc.

Chuck

Old February 25th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Beth L

Default Re: Re: Royal Caribbean Shore Excursion Suggestions for Trun

Thanks for the tips, Chuck! We might just go ahead and book a shore excursion to Trunk Bay through Royal Caribbean.

Beth L.
Old February 25th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Royal Caribbean Shore Excursion Suggestions for Trunk Ba

Just note that your shore time is very limited if you book a ships tour, by the time the bus gets loaded, gets to your destination, gets unloaded, same thing on the way back - your actual beach time will be about 1 hour. So easy to grab a cab and the water taxis