Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Passenger

Default Snorkeling Grand Cayman / Cozumel

Hi Everyone

I can't decide between Royal Caribbean's Cheeseburger Reef Snorkeling or the Shipwreck Snorkeling in Grand Cayman. Is one better than the other?

Also, has anyone tried the Catch A Wave Snorkeling Safari in Cozumel?

Thanks RICH
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Kim Streed

Default Re: Snorkeling Grand Cayman / Cozumel

I would not recommend the shipwreck snorkeling in Grand Cayman. We just did that in February and there wasn't much to see. No coral at all just a few fish, the water wasn't vvery clear. I would snorkel in Cozumel, I think it is much better!
Old March 10th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Snorkeling Grand Cayman / Cozumel

Last trip to Caymans we did a tour through the ship that combined snorkellig on the reef
that surrounds the island with a trip to sting ray city. The snorkelling was excellent. We anchored in about 20 feet on a very sandy bottom. Rays and fish swam below us. As you swam towards the reef. coral color picked up and fish were everywhere. We encountered (with advance warning) a moray eel and a six foot sand shark. After about 90 minutes we moved off to do the sting rays in shallow water.

Catch the Wave in Cozumel is a trip I have done. Nice boat, friendly crew. Decent snorkelling . The reef is only 1/4 mile beyond the cruise pier that is outside town.
There is a small glass bottom boat carried aboard and they offer free rides in that as well. I recall good food and a nice party with adult beverages on the ride back in.
Old March 16th, 2004, 09:46 PM
kala

Default Re: Re: Re: Snorkeling Grand Cayman / Cozumel

aventurasnaturalascozumel.com

I went on an snorkeling excursion last week in Cozumel thru shoretrips.com. They actually turned around and had booked us with the above guide.

They were wonderful. Had I known, I could have booked directly with them and saved $16 each on adults and saved $15.00 each of my kids.

Cut out the middle man. I highly recommend this guide service. They do all kinds of trips. They even offer SNUBA...email them for details..

They were a very family oriented excursion.

Kala