Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2004, 04:00 PM
BarbaraH

Default horseback riding

We will be cruising on the Rhapsody during Christmas 2004. We are going to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Does anyone know of a good horseback ride on the beach program. Would it be better in Cozumel or Grand Cayman?
Thanks!
Barbara
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Robin Buckbee

Default Re: horseback riding

Grand Cayman has beach rides $60.00pp.Thru Honeysuckle stables.#345-947-7976
they pick you up @ the pier.
Cozumel offers a all day Dune Buggy trip. Which includes a mexican lunch on the beach. And mexican beer! $89.00pp. Thru travelnotes.com.You can book in advance on line . They sell out fast. This is a great adventure.
Old May 10th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Marcy Pan

also check out http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com they have horseback riding offered on the website too for beach horseback riding
Old May 10th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

"Cozumel offers a all day Dune Buggy trip. Which includes a mexican lunch on the beach. And mexican beer! $89.00pp. Thru travelnotes.com.You can book in advance on line . They sell out fast. This is a great adventure."

Robin, this is my all time favorite shore excursion!! I found it online and booked it early. I was a bit nervous about it because we (my teenage sons and I) were the only cruisers on the tour, but they assured me we wouldn't miss the boat and they were right! I can't say enough about this tour... it was SUCH fun! You can drive your own buggy or they will drive for you. In the back of each buggy is a built in cooler with soda, water and beer on ice... help yourself. They make a couple of stops along the back of the island where you are driving on a sand path/road. We had the best lunch on the beach after a guided swim on a reef. The guys made fresh guacamole and salsa while we watched, then they served BBQ chicken and salads. They had a cooler on the beach for drinks. Be careful, those beers go down easy in that heat. One of the buggies broke down as we were just getting off the paved roads. They radioed the office and they met us with another buggie. The couple just jumped into another buggy that had room until their new one arrived. The guys running the tour were wonderful with my boys, too. I highly recommend this trip.