Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2004, 10:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Captain Nauticas - St. Thomas

Has anyone done the snorkel tour with Captain Nauticas in St. Thomas? I am having problems trying to find the best snorkel adventure, worth the time an the money. We are traveling with our sons, ages 12 and 14. I've also heard about Trunk Bay, but I have heard good and bad reviews. I would like an excursion that they will have fun on and not get bored.... Help!!!

Old May 6th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Captain Nauticas - St. Thomas

Snorkelling at Trunk Bay would probably be OK, but,given the age of the kids might not be a good choice. To get to St John you need to get in a cab to Red Hook, get on a"ferry" to St John and get in a cab to Trunk Bay (and of course do the reverse to get home). I see two bored kids even before you go snorkelling.
Try any of the boat based snorkel trips that go just about anywhere and you are more apt to keep their attention from beginning to end.
Alternatively, go out to a beach like Coki (a short cab ride) where there is good off the beach snorkelling and other typical beach activities to keep them occupied. In addition, should boredom begin to strike, there is the paid attraction of Coral World right on the beach. All in all this might cost less (including going to Coral World) than a ships' excursion for a family of four.
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Captain Nauticas - St. Thomas

My thoughts exactly. I think I am going to look for a sail/snorkel trip or something. How about snuba diving? Any ideas on that??