Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2004, 03:33 PM
First Mate

Default Where Can I Book Sea Trek Helmet Diving Excursion?

I am sailing on the Inspiration on August 15 with my 14 year old son. I am trying to book my tour excursions in advance since Carnival wont let you do it until you are on ship. We will be going to Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Belize. We desparately want to do the Sea Trek Helmet Diving. According to the Carnival website, it is available in Cozumel (although we don't care where we do it) but I have searched and cannot find anyone to book this through. Anyone have any information or contacts for me to do the Sea Trekking in any of my ports? Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2004, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Where Can I Book Sea Trek Helmet Diving Excursion?

We did it at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. I booked it through the ship. Adults were $89/pp and children were $79/pp this included entrance to the park and round trip transporation. We had a great time. If you go to reader reviews I did post a review about the entire trip. We went on the Inspiration in April and had a ball.
Old June 15th, 2004, 09:04 PM
First Mate

How did you find out what time the sea trek would be offered through the ship? It seems to be some big secret as to what time the excursions are offered on the ship. I want to do glass bottom boat, submarine and sea trekking in Cozumel. Each of these excursions are not very long and are located in the same area. Am I being unrealistic to think I can do all 3? I can't book other excursions on my own until I find out what time the Sea Trek is offered through the ship so I dont 'double book". So, how DID you find out the time of the sea trek on the ship?
Old July 1st, 2004, 01:52 AM
birthday girl

You can easily book the Sea Trek in Cozumel at Chankanaab Park on your own. Besides saving money, you can set your own time. They do the Trek pretty frequently and all you have to do is go to the desk (inside the park) and sign up and pay. You should be able to schedule other activities and work this one into your schedule once on the island. You can go to the park website (do a search), but I don't think you can pre-reserve the Trek. I think the cost was more like $40 per adult booked on your own with an add'l $12 per adult park entry fee.
Old July 1st, 2004, 08:45 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Where Can I Book Sea Trek Helmet Diving Excursion?

Thank you for the info! Did you do the Sea Trek? What did you do inside the park? How big would you say the park is? Are the excursions close together and easy to find?