Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2004, 10:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default belize excursion

Has anyone been to caye caulker with coral breeze limited? We are thinking about it but would like some feedback first. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:57 AM
kaye

Default Re: belize excursion

anna,my husband and I just got back from our cruise last week on the Carnival Inspiration. It was our first cruise and were just learning the ropes and were a little afraid of booking anything on our own, but we quickly learned that we could save more than half of the fee very easily. Each port that we docked had several tour guides just waiting for people to get of the ship, they were all very nice and knew their buisness relied on customer satisfaction and went out of their way to accomodate and to please. The next time we cruise we will not book with the ship or on-line.In Grand Cayman and
Old June 3rd, 2004, 04:27 PM
chipndale

We loved the cave tubing. We went with X-Stream and I would recommend it to everyone going.

The water was clear and blue like the sea but fresh water and the caves were out of this world.

We booked with belizecruiseexcursions.com and it was a great deal, only $60 each!
Old June 6th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Billy Joe

I don't know anything about Coral Breeze Limited or what type of excurison they have planned, but......

I don't recommend Caye Caulker by water taxi from Belize. Lord knows the locals need the business, but the island is very small as is the beach. Golf carts are the main mode of transportation including taxi's.

If you know what to expect you won't be disapointed. We had fun driving around in a golf cart and stopped at a nice grill and had lunch. If they had hammocks, it would be a great place to be lazy and chill. Might be best to book an excursion here.

If you decide to take a water taxi, take a cab from the port, it's short walk (about 3/4 mile to the left ), but you are heckled the entire way by street vendors.
Old June 13th, 2004, 10:18 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: belize excursion

Just got back from Belize on the Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas. We did the cave tubing with Coral Breeze. It cost us $55 including the best BBQ chicken lunch. Our guide was Marvin. The whole tour was great. They were right where they said they would be to meet us. We paid our balance then. He was very informative about their country. We were back to our boat with and hour and a half to spare for shopping. Definitely a top-notch company. I would highly recommend Coral Breeze!
Old June 15th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Julian Santos

Default Fishing in Belize

Last Wednesday we took a fishing charter from Hooked On Belize from right off the Belize City dock and in 30 minutes we were fishing right on the main barrier reef. In no time we had caught two large barracudas and some king mackerel. I must agree we all had loads of fun reeling in those large "cudas". The boat is fully equipped for fishing and the crew is outstanding. Hooked on Belize can be located right on the dock or via website www.hookedonbelize.com.
Old June 16th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Beginner

Julian-
Did you book ahead of time, how did they know where to meet you. How long was the fishing trip and how much?
Thanks
Donna
Old June 16th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Beginner

Julian-
Did you book ahead of time, how did they know where to meet you. How long was the fishing trip and how much?
Thanks
Donna
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Don't do it. They cancelled on us 7-1-04. I even talked to them that morning from the ship.
Old July 16th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: belize excursion

How long of a trip is the cave tubing? Is it a leisurely ride through the caves, or are there times when the tube goes fast? I'm a scardie cat and wouldn't like an "exciting" tube ride.

Thanks!

Old July 16th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Cruiseador:

It depends on the time of year you are there. We were there in April 2004 and the river was low and slow. A lot of paddeling was involved. When the river is high is goes much faster from what we heard.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03