Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Tabo

Default Carnival Paradise Review

I just came back from Carnival Paradise. This ship is fine with the economy price. Room service and dining room service are very good. Food at Paris restaurant needs to be improved, but at dining room is ok. One more thing!! There is no announcement in the cabin, gotta go outside to listen the announcement.

Ports Review:
Belize-
I had joined a private tour (LJ's Travle and Tours) to do cave tubing. The tour was quite funny and we did Belize city tour as we went to the caves. Our guide, Joel is excellent. He was taking care of me and my parents all the time and guiding us to avoid butt hitten by rocks. And he is funny and nice..... He gave me a kiss at the end of the trip.. haha...... Also, the lunch at Amigo restaurant was quite good, the parrot at the restaurant said hello to me.

Rotan-
I took a cab to do Island and beaches tour for whole day. The fare was $50 for 3 people. Then I took semi-sub at Half Moon Bay. The undersea was fantastic, so beautiful. But our cab driver recommended us to take the semi-sub at West Bay. I saw the boat, it is larger and cleaner than the one at Half Moon Bay. I didn't take it because I didn' t have much time to wait for the boat tour. At the end, I did hair braiding. I was going to be late to board the criuse. The woman did hair braiding for me said that it was going to be a 20 mins work, but end up, she took 50 mins to finish it. And the accessories she used were quite dirty.

Grand Cayman-
I joined Soto's Cruise to stingray sandbar, Coral Gardens and Barrier Reef. The trip was so good. So many fish at coral gardens and barrier reef, and I saw a big eel. Stingrays are so cute, they like to play with people. I hugged them, kissed them and fed them. I highly recommend this activity.

Cozumel-
I took a cab to Paradise beach. Snorkeling equiment and kayak are free. Kayaking is fun, but not snorkeling. I didn't see any fish there, only saw sea grass. There is hair braiding in Cozumel and I would recommend to do hair braiding in there instead of other ports. The accessories they used are cleaner.
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2004, 07:33 PM
2brothers

Default Re: Carnival Paradise Review

Ref. Paradise Beach: Is this the place that has the floating/climbing iceberg for kids to climb out in the water? My kids loved the one at Playa del Sol but I wanted to go to another beach this time. What about the trampoline in the water? Seems like I heard one of the beaches had one of those. Thanks!