Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2004, 10:01 AM
cruisinisgreat

Default LABADEE WATER PARKS AND BEACHES PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Need advice on our stop at Labadee....is the water park worth going to...is it like most water parks have things for both the little kids and older kids to do???? What about Barefoot Beach??? is that a nice beach and do they bring the luncheon down there on that beach??? Just looking for something to do for a group of 20 ranging in age from 6 to adults. Thanks for your advice.....
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Goldie

Default Re: LABADEE WATER PARKS AND BEACHES PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Gee, I didn't know there WAS a waterpark there??? Last time I was there, it was nice and very laid-back. Lots of beach - beautiful water, hammocks, some local shopping, etc. Not too much excitement though - very relaxing!
Old August 28th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

The water park in Labadee is giant floats in the water off the beach. Not an actual "waterpark" as we know it. Kids would wear lifejackets and jump around on them.

Voyager of the Seas 7/05
Voyager of the Seas 8/04
Old August 31st, 2004, 07:57 PM
magpie

The Waterpark is not very large. There is an iceberg and tramp for the older kids and an ice berg and tramp for the younger kids. We just got back Aug 28, and the water park was full of jelly fish - I think they eventually closed it before the end of the day. My 14 and 16 yr old still went, but the jelly fish put them off a bit. They didn't last that long in the water. What I found shocking was that when speaking with the life guard, native to the island, he said that he only gets $10/ day, and some of the others only get $7/ day. But back to your question, the kids did have fun. Enjoy.
Old September 9th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Murray341

My wife and I went to Labadee last year and had a great time at the water park. We then did the parasailing. That was great also. The food that they have at the BBQ was wonderful. Thay cook at an outdoor covered picnuc area. It is no real set time to eat. You just go up whenever you want. We had a great time in Labadee. Hope you do also.
Old September 9th, 2004, 05:20 PM
JaneMarlow

magpie: 7-10 bucks a day for Haiti may be about the going wage.
Old September 9th, 2004, 08:30 PM
First Mate

We were there in January and my family had a great time. We rented snorkeling equipment. I would not recommend it, the water was too cloudy. My DH and DD went kayaking and loved it. Maybe some of your group would enjoy that. They went over to the island before us and we just met them later. It is just a nice relaxing beach with a nice barbeque. Enjoy!!!!