CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Shore Excursions (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shore-excursions/)
-   -   Ocho Rios White River Tube Float (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shore-excursions/299349-ocho-rios-white-river-tube-float.html)

DonnaC August 21st, 2004 08:23 PM

Ocho Rios White River Tube Float

We're thinking about this excursion instead of the 4Wheel Drive + Dunn's River, in part because of all the negative reactions we've seen posted to the Dunn's River vendors and the possibility of falls and injury. Anyone have experience with this trip either as a ship or as an independent excursion?

Thanks!

Donna C

grg August 24th, 2004 02:08 PM

Re: Ocho Rios White River Tube Float

DO IT!!!!!! I did it through princess in Jan. with my wife and her parents. It was GREAT the inner tubes had metal and plywood bottoms covering the whole you still get wet but it keeps you from bumping your bottom or slipping through the whole if your small! The float down the river is fun there are a few fast areas for excitement. the river is not big maybe 20-30 ft at it's widest usually narrower and not deep you could stand up in it for the majority of the trip maybe 5ft. The water was nice and refreshingly cool. The guides were helpful. Everyone on the trip but one man had a good time. My father in law is very afraid of water and he had a great time as well, he just floated in the back of the group. We ended up with drinks and a sample of jerk chicken with options to buy more chicken and pictures taken of us from the embankment. I've never been to Dunn river falls but people on our trip said that it was much better then the falls. we were still talking about it days later!!

photog4fun September 4th, 2004 12:57 PM

Do both with Trevor Hudlin. (trevorhudlin@hotmail.com). On Sept. 13th he is taking us to Dunn River Falls, River float trip and touring the highlights of the island. We can't wait. He's been highly recommended on cruisecritic.com message boards and responds quickly to our emails.
Suzanne from San Diego

Danne September 21st, 2004 10:25 PM

Re: Re: Ocho Rios White River Tube Float

Hey!

We also did this excursion, through Celebrity last November. We loved it. While the ride to the river was kind of scary (narrow roads), the river itself was so fun! We paddled and drifted and had a great time.

We bought the CD at the end of pictures of us on the river, and as I type this one of them is still the desktop on this computer!!!

What a great memory from our cruise!

Danne

Kimblaze October 16th, 2004 12:09 AM

I want to do this but I have a feeling my husband won't (he's not crazy about being in the water). Is there anything or anyplace for him to sit/stay/do while I am on the river??