Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Chanda

Default Belize Shark/Stingray Alley Snorkle

Does anyone know about this shore tour? My 12 year old daughter is really looking forward to this snorkel. But I have my concerns. Swimming with any type of shark makes me nervous. Yikes!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2004, 11:44 PM
on_the_water

Default Re: Belize Shark/Stingray Alley Snorkle

You'll be fine. I don't want to say that the sharks are used to humans swimming amongst them, but it almost seemed that way. I did this excursion several times. Braver souls than I would actually reach out a grab hold of a shark. I myself wasn't that daring. However, I always enjoyed it. You'll be fine. Go and have fun.
Old August 27th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Kwesi

I am from Belize and a tour guide from Caye Caulker. Booking this tour on the cruise ship will cost you about $90.00 us but if you book it through snorkel shops at Caye Caulker you will have more time in the water on the reef, seeing the sharks and rays for about $40.00 us. One thing about the rays; they sometimes are easily agigitated when fed by the guides so only touch them if the guide says so and use your head. As a guide out here at Caye Caulker I was given a " love bite " on my right nipple recently by the rays so use causion when with the shark and rays. I can be reached at colin@royalmayanadventures.bz for more info.
Old August 28th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to bzygirl66
Default Re: Re: Belize Shark/Stingray Alley Snorkle

Thank you for the information and encouragement!

Chanda

Old August 30th, 2004, 11:09 AM
ZCruiseMan

I took the tour with my 11 and 13 year old and had a great time. The sharks are nurse sharks, and the rays are very gentle. The tours regularly go here.

We used Coral Breeze Limited for our tours and highly resommend them. They are very accommodating, and can be easily found. All information is on their web site at http://www.coralbreezelimited.com.

Don't be afraid, and enjoy yourself. You'll be fine and have the time of your life.

ZCruiseMan
Old September 3rd, 2004, 10:01 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to bzygirl66

ZCruiseMan,
After extensive research I reserved the tour through Coral Breeze. We selected the tour with the lunch. We received a discount for booking 30 days in advance.

I'm a bit uncertain of the time difference. We will be sailing the Elation which is out of Galveston (central time). Belize time is 1 hour behind. So... if the tour says it begins at 10 am it really means 11?
Old December 1st, 2004, 07:00 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to LindaGG

We will be in Belize December 13 from 1:00-7:00. Can you tell me any other good tour places to get in contact with for Cave tubing... or is there anything else you would suggest that is fun and interesting to do in that amount of time?
Thanks, Linda