Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2004, 04:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Passion Island in Cozumel

Anyone ever done this excursion? If you have what would you have wished you would have done if you didn't enjoy this one? (that was a confusing sentence) What about any of the ruin excursions in Cozumel? Any advice would be great, it looks like we will be spending a little more time in Jamaica and Cozumel (just a few hours but it helps) due to Ivan's neverending wrath.
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Passion Island in Cozumel

Hi there. This is my first response to this message board so bear with me. My husband and i did the passion island excursion back in '01 on the carnival jubilee. It is pretty relaxing and the waters on the beach are outstanding. You are taken by bus for a 20 min drive and then taken by motor boat to passion island. it kind of reminded me of a beer commercial where you see just two chairs and the rolling surf. that's exactly what we did and we loved the relaxation part of it. At that time, lunch was provided and it was decent. i believe we had a grilled fish of some kind and a pico de gallo (like a fresh salsa). a word of caution, bring some bug spray since the water by the lagoon to return back has vegetation and i got bit big time but i am a bug magnet.
Did we wish we could have done anything different? Well maybe some shopping on the main drag but our main focus was to veg out and we were not disappointed. Cozumel has the most beautiful waters i have ever seen. I hope this helps you out.
Old October 6th, 2004, 08:04 PM
jmek34

Default Re: Passion Island in Cozumel

We did this excursion in May, it was very nice and very relaxing. Beautiful beach. I would do this again, but I thought it was a little pricey for my 4 yr old ($75 each) as she doesn't eat or drink too much. But the memories were priceless--she is quite a little beach bum. We did have time in the evening to shop--I have read on this board that there are other nice beaches in Cozumel that are alot cheaper--I think I might look at those maybe next time.