Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Beginner

Default Belize-Coral breeze

My friends and I booked 2 trips with coral breeze for excursions in Belize. The first was cave tubing and the other was the Myan ruins.We were to leave at 8:30am and 9:00am respectfully to start our excursions. We were there at 8:00, at 8:40 a guide showed up for the tubing and said she was stuck in traffic. She was very unorganized and the only info she had was hand written in a notebook,not very professional.She said the guide for the Myan ruins was also late and would be there about 10:30.My wife and her friend left at 9:15 or so and were to arrive back at about 2:30 or 3:00 (we had to be on the tender boat by 4:30 to catch the Ship) They were rushed thru their trip so they could not enjoy it all. Once they got into the river they were rushed through the whole river. Her friend had a difficult time as we did not think we would have to paddle hard through the whole river. At 3:30 we had not seen them yet so we went to the coral breeze booth to ask and were told they would be right back at 4:15 we went back again and had them call the tour van and found out they were still 15 min away. They got back at 4:35 and the tender boat waited for them luckily. Only because one of the ship tours was also late. They were both very upset as were we.
As for my buddy and I the ruins were nice but we only had a little time to visit them. We were put in a van that was left in the sun. It was about 120f and all of us were drenched in sweat before the van cooled off and the same thing on the way back. (It took almost the whole ride to the ruins before the van cooled off) The tour guides were good and had lots of info But the company itself was very bad and I would not recommend them to my worst enemy.;
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2004, 02:56 PM
mmotc

Default Re: Belize-Coral breeze

Percisely why I always book my excursions through the ship!