Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2004, 12:42 AM
Demonstar

Default Cozumel - Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe

Going on the Carnival Conquest in Jan. Was wondering if anyone has done the Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe shore excursion that Carnival offers in Cozumel?
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2004, 02:28 AM
Demonstar

Default Re: Cozumel - Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe

Well since no one got back to me I did my own research. I emailed the resort directly and got the following email. If anyone has been to this resort please let me know what it is like.

Thank you for your e-mail.
The entrance packages are as follows:
- BASIC $ 12.00 U.S.D.
- FIESTA PACKAGE $ 35.00 U.S.D.
- PREMIUM PACKAGE $ 42.00 U.S.D.
All NON motorized watertoys and watersports are included in any of our
entrance packages.
We are located 10 miles South from the downtown; this is about 15 minutes by
taxi. Taxi service is always available to/from Playa Mia«. Taxi fare is
$14.00 - $ 15.00 U.S.D. one way up to 4 passengers.
Children under 2 are free.
Park hours: Monday to Sunday 9:00am to 6:00pm
Please, visit our website for further information: http://www.playamia.com
We reallu hope to see you here .
Thank you,

International Sales Department
Playa Mia Grand Beach Park«
Cozumel, Quintana Roo. M╚XICO 77600
e-mail to: euribe@playamia.com
or visit our website: www.playamia.com
Phone: 52 (987) 872-9030
Fax: 52 (987) 872-9045
Old December 23rd, 2004, 06:51 PM
lawyergirl

I've personally never done that, but I have read some reviews about it on www.portreviews.com (My husband and I are going there in February)- some not so good. I would suggest checking that out before you definitely decide on anything.
Old January 8th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Passenger

My husband and I went on this excursion last year. We were going to do the Passion Island but it was cancelled due to weather. We were there during hurricane Ivan. We really enjoyed Playa Mia. The staff was very friendly and attentive. If you are looking for a relaxing time at the beach.
Old January 9th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Karen Parker

There is also another great option for $32 all you can drink and eat at what I think is the nicest club in Cozumel....this one has a beautiful pool, excellent beach and all the facilties you could ask for, I can drink much more then $32 worth and with food too, its really good!!!

Have a look at this on Cozumel Cruise Excursions :

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/C...BeachBreak.htm
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:45 AM
demonstar75

Yeah I noticed that excursion but it does not say how far away it is from the pier. Any idea what a taxi ride would cost to that beach?
Old January 11th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Karen Parker

I asked them on the live chat thing they have and they said aproximately $12-14 for 4 people which seems to be the standard for the beaches I've seen so far. All the good beaches are in the same area of Cozumel
Old January 12th, 2005, 02:14 AM
demonstar75

I emailed them directly and this is what I got back -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We currently show availability for the Cozumel Beach Break Excursion for the date requested below. This is the perfect way to spend your day in Cozumel, enjoying all the wonderful amenities of this tropical paradise.

The club is located along a stretch of Cozumel's most beautiful beach and is open daily from 9am- 5pm. The facilities include a beautiful swimming pool with swim up bar, a spacious Jacuzzi, a beautiful palapa restaurant, comfortable beach chairs, palapas, bathrooms/change rooms and showers. This beach club really does have it all!

Your beach club manager assures that upon your arrival you will be given a warm welcome, information regarding the facilities, and preferential seating on the beach! Take a nice long walk, bask in the sun, swim, snorkel, play volleyball, or just kick back and relax.

Your All Inclusive Beach Break Package includes an open bar with: Pina Coladas, Rum Punch, Margaritas, Sex on the Beach, Daiquiris, Draft Beer, Soda's, Juices, Bottled Water, and other tasty concoctions.

Your buffet lunch is served from 1:30pm-3:30pm and includes: Green salad - Potatoes salad - Guacamole - Tropical fruits- Mexican Style Rice - Mexican Beef Tips - BBQ Ribs - Chicken fajitas - Re-Fried Beans-Bread - Corn tortillas - Salsas - Jalape˝os - Chips- Special Mexican Juices and more... When in Rome!!!!

This package is priced incredibly at $32usd/adult, $25usd for kids 12yrs -17yrs, and $20usd for children 3-12yrs. Children under 3 are free. Note to parents: the drinking age in Mexico is 18yrs.

Our Cozumel Beach Break cannot be booked from your ship. We selected this club not only for its wonderful atmosphere and services, but because it operates independent of the ships. This allows you to get away from over organized trips with long lines, packed buses and "cattle" like movements.

The club is located approx.10 miles from your cruise pier and is a short 15min taxi ride. Due to port regulations and agreements with taxi unions we cannot provide transportation for you. You can easily arrange a taxi from your terminal for under $15 for up to 4 people. Vans can be arranged for larger groups.

Due to the excursion's popularity please ensure to reserve the excursion ASAP in order to avoid disappointment due to unavailability.

To confirm your reservation please follow the link below to our SSL secure/encrypted reservation page:

https://www.cozumelcruiseexcursions....eservation.htm

Please feel free to e-mail us or to contact our Live Help Dept. by visiting our Website. You may contact one of our live Operators for reservations as well as answers to any further questions before your confirmed reservation. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you with directions as well as additional relevant reservation instructions following your reservation submittal.

Thank you
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have booked an excursion in Montego Bay and in Grand Cayman so I think I'm going to just wing it when I get to Cozumel. Maybe I'll hit the beach or maybe I'll just shop.
Old January 13th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Karen Parker

I'm booked:-)
Old January 18th, 2005, 07:22 PM
davejohnson

greetings!

We were fortunate enough to find Capt. Dan with Cozumelsailing.com.
Takes you where you wanna go, what you wanna do, grills up fish onboard!
Awesome.
Old February 5th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Julie Carpenter

Default Re: Re: Cozumel - Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe

Hi! Could someone please help me out....we are going on a cruise soon & I have found that there are 2 different packages for "Playa Mia Grand beach break" AND the other is "Playa Mia Deluxe beach break" Does anyone know what the difference is? Thank you so much !!! AND most importantly....which one has the pool ???
Old February 6th, 2005, 08:19 AM
pcboston

Hi Julie,

We were in Cozumel in Nov. on the NCL Dream. They offered both of the Playa Mia tours at that time. They go to the same place. The smaller price does not include food or transportation. You have to take a taxi there and buy your own lunch, but everything else is the same. The higher price(we paid $51pp) they take you in a bus and bring you back to the ship, and lunch is included. This was a very nice facility, very clean with a good beach and nice warm water. There were a lot of vendor stalls as you walk in for shopping. We really enjoyed our day there. We were there for 5 hrs. which may be a little too long if you want time to shop in town, as we really had no time when we got back. If you taxi there yourself, I guess you could ask to be picked up at a different time, one that you decide on. Hope this helps you decide.