Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2005, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Default Freeport shore excursion

Back from a cruise on the Carnival Fantasy. Would highly recommend to anyone going on the Fantasy to do the Tranquility Shores beach day shore excursion. This place is amazing. It was $49.00 pp but you get transportation, use of beach chairs and a buffet lunch. They play different "games" and the beach itself is gorgeous. If you want to see some pictures, e-mail me at nolou525@rcn.com
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2005, 06:02 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Freeport shore excursion

I am going on the Triumph in June and am interested in this excursion. If you don't mind any information would be appreciated. Email Harconley@rivnet.net if you would like or just reply here.
Thanks
Old January 3rd, 2005, 11:11 PM
Admiral

I posted some pictues on the photo gallery of our Fantasy cruise but I'll put another gallery together of just Tranquility Shores. The Fantasy pictures are under Carnival Fantasy Cheryl C. I'll put the excursion pictures under Freeport Excursion Cheryl C. Driving from the port to the excursion was strange because Freeport is very bland not exactly paradise. Some of this was due to all the hurricane damage. But when you get of the bus and first see the beach, you find paradise. The water was very warm and extremely clear. The beach was beautiful. My husband and I walked down the beach and were amazed at how beautiful it was. The lunch was burgers, chicken, hot dogs, salad, french fries etc, BBQ food. You do get a drink coupon with the excursion for one fruit punch or rum drink but have to purchase others if you want them. We had brought bottled water on the ship with us, so we brought this to the beach. We had a fridge in our room so this kept it cold. (we were luckily upgraded to a penthouse suite from an oceanview room). We even made fresh conch salad. The entire day was a wonderful escape from our everyday life. Any other questions, feel free to e-mail me at nolou525@rcn.com. Check out the pictures.
Old February 18th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Cheryl, great pics.......... what about snorkeling there????????? ty