Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2005, 10:52 AM
Beginner

Default snorkeling with the turtles

Has anyone gone on one of the Turtle oriented snorkeling trips offered by Celebrity in Barbados? We sail on the Constellation on Feb. 12 and cannot decide between the kayak and turtles or the snorkeling and turtle trip on the boat.
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2005, 09:20 PM
First Mate

Default interacting with the turtles

I personally would love to hear anyone's experience also. After reading posts, I saw very good reviews on SilverMoon booked privately for snorkeling/boat. Much lower ratio of passenger count.
I'd also like to know if one can just find a tour to go see or interact with the turtles and not spend most of the day doing it.

Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Old February 4th, 2005, 05:19 PM
olechka

Default Re: snorkeling with the turtles

Hello

We snorkled with the turtles on our Celebrity Galaxy, it was really really cool. First you sail in a catamaran, which is very relaxing. The snorkeling was awesome, the tour guides feed the turtles and they came up really close to the surface, there was a ton of them and so huge! A lot of people actually got to pet (well touch) the turtles.

We actually had an underwater digital camera, if you're interested in looking at the pictures: http://public.fotki.com/omednik/trip...mg_0136_1.html

Look at pictures #44 and on.

Then we had a really nice meal and all you can drink mixed drinks. I'd definitely recommend this!
Old February 5th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: snorkeling with the turtles

thanks so much for the report - we (12 of us) are really looking forward to it.
Old February 7th, 2005, 05:29 PM
jenn castaldo

I haven't - but I did go on the Horizon and swam in Cayman Islands with the Stingrays....that is awesome!
By the by- be careful on your ship. My boyfriend got really sick the last night and no one would help us. When I called the hospital on the ship they kept raising their rates and saying the doctor wasn't in and wouldn't really help. by the time I got my boyfriend into a real hospital in CT, they said he was severly dehydrated and had food poisoning....
he ate Fish on the boat..... Of course, after all my calls and screaming matches with everyone from the lowest bar person to the Captain and the president of Celebrity, no one cared ....
Be careful on that ship.
Old February 8th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Becky5830

Olechka, Tried to look at your photos and they're blocked by the website.....
Old February 10th, 2005, 08:05 PM
olechka

Pictures should work now. If you're looking at work, some firewalls block this site.
Old February 12th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Becky5830

Olechka -- got to your photos of the sea turtles -- they were great. I especially like the closeups-- #49 & 50. Did you have a continental breakfast and lunch on the catamaran? Doesn't look big enough to eat on. Did you go into a bay to find the turtles? So many questions...
Old February 13th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

We did Thriller Ocean Tours in Barbados and swam with the turtles and snorkeled - very personable and highly recommended.
Old February 24th, 2005, 06:50 PM
olechka

We had a very nice lunch consisting of fish, chicken and rice I think. As I mentioned there's also a bar with funky fruity drinks as well as beer, etc.

Although it may look small, there was plenty of space for everybody to sit either in the shade or under the sun.

We did not go to a bay to snorkel with turtles, but after lunch they brought us to a beach for about an hour to snorkel or just relax in the sun.