Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2005, 09:31 PM
Passenger

Default MONTEGO BAY BARRETT TOURS

HAS ANYONE TRIED THE TUBING AND YS FALLS EXCURSION THROUGH BARRETT TOURS IN MONTEGO BAY?
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2005, 06:18 PM
lisa64

Default Re: MONTEGO BAY BARRETT TOURS

We used Barrett Tours in Montego Bay. We went to Mayfield Falls and then toured around the island. They were great and Mayfield Falls was lots of fun and lots less crowded than other places.
Old January 31st, 2005, 02:55 PM
Shelly Spruill

We enlisted Barrett Adventures in May 2003 for a trip to YS Falls combined with Black River Boat Ride. We loved dealing with Errol and Carolyn and fell in love with Jamaica.
YS Falls was totally uncrowded, 20 people total. Our 2 teenage boys loved swinging into the water from the ropes and then we were treated to a YS massage with the falls on our backs. Errol was very informative about the landscape, culture and people. We stopped on the way there to a small hut and ate fresh pineapple cut right in front of us. We also got to see school children playing soccer and walking home from school. We got to see the real Jamaica and felt completely safe with Errol as a guide.
For Lunch we stopped and had chicken and plantain potatoes for an authentic Jamaican meal, we really experienced Jamaica.

In May of this year we are again enlisting Barrett Adventures to Strawberry Fields and snorkeling in an out of the way grotto. We can't wait to see even more of Jamaica. I cannot say enough good things about these people.

Shelly
Old February 1st, 2005, 02:17 PM
JNKY

We just returned from sailing on the Conquest out of New Orleans on Jan 30, and I cannot say enough nice things about Carolyn Bennett. She went out of her way to ensure we had the time of our lives while in Montego Bay. We, too, went to YS Falls, which I understand is much nicer than Dunn's River, and it was simply gorgeous. Carolyn was more than just a tour guide, as she actively participated in all the activities as well, even shucking her clothing down to her swimsuit and swinging on the rope into the lagoon at the falls! We had a fabulous lunch of Roasted Talapia, Curried Chicken and Pineapple, Jamaican Potato Salad, Homemade bread and Key Lime Pie and Sorrel to drink <not sure what it was, but it was slighly fruity with a hint or rum>. Then it was sightseeing, off to a hummingbird sanctuary, and an interesting story to tell at every turn of the trip. She is quite willing to customize any tour to your likes and interests, including orchids, hiking, mountain climbing, diving, snorkelling, whatever you desire. I treasure the time we spent with her, and will remember that day <my Birthday> for the rest of my life!
Old February 9th, 2005, 09:46 PM
DGBunk

We did a tour with them to Mayfield Falls in December 03. Great. Highly recomended!