Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2005, 03:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to windycitykitty
Default Carnival tours vrs Coral Breeze

Has anyone taken the Carnival sponsored tours in Belize and the Coral Breeze companys tours? If so did you prefer eather one and why? If you have only taken one let me know your thoughts, and which tour you took. Im looking at both they are very similar in price and excursions and trying to decide ASAP. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2005, 10:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Carnival tours vrs Coral Breeze

My only comment would be if you are going with someone besides the ship, be sure the company actually goes out on that day. We had made plans to go to Goff's Caye, but due to the "new rotation" (for lack of a better word), we found that no group was going there that day.
Old January 31st, 2005, 08:11 PM
cali-croozer

We took the Goff's Caye excursion with Carnival. It was expensive, but, in my opinion, worth the extra cost in this port. When your ship "docks" in Belize, you are in open water. Belize City is a 40-45 minute tender ride. The tour boat picked us up and dropped us off right at the ship. The ride over to Goff's Caye was about 45 minutes, if I remember right. Again, you are really in the middle of nowhere. I had read about Belize, and although we are used to doing our own excursions, I just felt more comfortable having somebody (Carnival) take care of all arrangements in Belize.
Old February 1st, 2005, 12:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

What was the cost for the Goff's Caye trip?
Old February 1st, 2005, 02:38 PM
cali-croozer

It was $55 per person when we went in June, 2003. I guess that's not real expensive, but I always have to multiply by 4 for my family, so all I remember is the $220!!!
Old February 2nd, 2005, 11:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

We took a tour in Belize. We hoped to go to Goff's Caye, due to a variety of things we did not end up there. The price for the tour we took and the one to Goff's Caye was $50. So, the carnival price is not bad at all.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 03:14 PM
DENISE H

we have gone on carnival tours we have enjoyed them when we whant to the maya
ruins every thing was inclued the tour bus, tour guide and to get into the parks in the price of the tour and here is another reson i would take tour with carnival if you should
have a problem geting back to the ship thay will what for you if you took indepent tour
and you get back late and the ship is gone you will have to pay to meet up with the ship in its next port of call
Old February 3rd, 2005, 04:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to windycitykitty

Yes I have heard these stories, Coral breeze tours have some positive posts on the message boards I've read. Now Carnival is not offering the Shark/Ray snorkle I want to do but Coral Breeze does, they said no one on their tour has ever missed their ship. Im still researching and trying to decide however.They are licenced and run by American's from what their web site says.