Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Terri Honeycutt

Default more help!

These boards have helped me so much and answered so many questions that I never even knew I had! Thank you all for your help and advice! :-)
I think we have decided to take an excursion to Caye Caulker on our stop in Belize. I have written down so many tour companies (other than Carnival) that I have gotten from this board. When I checked the Carnival website it does not list just a beach excursion to Caye Caulker and that is all we are interested in doing. I am concerned about all of the comments regarding how long it takes to tender in from the ship and how long it takes the water taxi to get there? Any advice on the best outside tour company that we could avoid the worry of missing the ship leaving and time saving?
Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: more help!

Terri

I looked into going to Caye Caulker when we're there in April 2005. The only info I could find was to use the water taxi. Its a 45 min trip each way. By taking the earliest water taxi we would only be able to spend about an hour and a half there before we would have to catch the water taxi back. I read another post where someone went and said they just didn't have enough time. I did fine a tour company located on Caye Caulker that you can contact called Star Tours. I'm not sure if they would provide just transporation back and forth to Caye Caulker. We decided to take the ship tour to Goff's Caye.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03