Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Passenger

Default Cozumel Excursions

My husband and I and 2 teenage boys (13 years and 17 years) will be traveling to Cozumel on the Carnival cruise line in a few weeks. I was interested in us going on the Catamaran sail, snorkel and beach party. I read 1 review that talked as if this was a "party boat". We were interested in snorkeling and thought taking a catamaran would be a fun way to do it and to also get to visit a beach in Cozumel. Has anyone gone on this excursion through Carnival? Would you recommend it for us, or does anyone have a better idea.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2005, 09:33 PM
cali-croozer

Default Re: Cozumel Excursions

My family with 2 teen boys (13 and 15 at the time) really enjoyed our day at Chankanaab. If you want to compare it to the cost of the catamaran sail, figure about $20 round trip for the taxi (per taxi, not per person) and $12 admission charge into Chankanaab, per person. I am not sure how much snorkeling equipment costs to rent there, as we brought our own. Chankanaab is a marine preserve so you will see a lot of fish. There is a long sandy "beach" with lounge chairs and palapas; you enter the water to snorkle by stepping down rock stairs; there's also a nature trail, replica mayan ruins (very interesting), small mini golf (extra charge - a couple of bucks), clean bathrooms, a small shopping area for souveniers, a restaurant/bar. If you are interested you can also swim with the dolphins (you must reserve this in advance).

We spent a peaceful, relaxing day there. VERY EASY and safe to do on your own.
Old March 6th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Cozumel Excursions

Thanks for the suggestion..

N
Old March 7th, 2005, 02:57 PM
First Mate

You can also swim with the dolphins at Chankanaab Park. A little prices, but definitely the best thing we did on our entire trip. Go to www.dolphindiscovery.com for information.
Old March 9th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Kel

My Husband and I along with several other couples were on RCCL and did this excursion in September it was great...Best time ever but We have two teenage sons and a pre teen son and would not go on it with them. A great party time..A lot of drinking.Loved the cruise so much we are taking the family after Easter this year. Have fun