Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2005, 12:54 PM
CRIS

Default TOURS ON BELIZE & COSTA MAYA

We are cruising to Belize and Costa Maya in April. There are 4 adults in our party and we love the water: sailing, snorkeling, etc. We has researched the tours offered on line and by the cruise ship but still are not sure about these ports. We are looking for a great adventure away from croweded cruise tours. We are snorkeling in Cozumel and Cayman. We are looking for advice from someone who has been to these ports and has similar interests. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: TOURS ON BELIZE & COSTA MAYA

Cris:

Costa Maya: We spent the day at Majahual (sp). When you get off the pier, go through the shopping center to the outside area. There you can get a bus or taxi. We rented a golf cart @ $15/hr. Majajual is about 2 miles away. Its very rustic and they have a nice beach. There are bars and restuarants along the beach and they rent "water toys" there. We just relaxed on the beach for a few hours and then drove around a bit before heading back. The only thing I didn't like was I found the vendors there to be very aggressive. This year we're going to Uvero Beach.

Belize: We did the cave tubing through X-Stream and had a blast. We travel with our kids and they just loved this excursion. Its about an hour inland. When you get to the park you get an inner tube and then you walk throught the rain forest for about 45 min before you get to the river. It took us about an hour and half to float down through the caves. This year we decided to do the snorkel trip to Goff's Caye. The other popular trip was the Shark Ray Alley snorkel trip. If you're looking to book something independently you might want to try Star Tours.

Hope this helps.

Darcy.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 7th, 2005, 03:56 PM
First Mate

There are some great Mayan ruins tours in Costa Maya...if you like that sort of thing. Some nice beaches too. A lot of people just stay at the port where they have swimming and shopping, but there is so much more to see than just that.
Old March 7th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to windycitykitty

For Belize you can check out Coral Breeze Limited also they have tours for cruise ships, shark ray is what Im doing, voted one of the best sites in the world for unsea life, also Altun Ha a mayan site, cave tubing, day at the beach etc, I have also read some great posts about a man named Nacho's tours read those as well. Or you could just book one through the ship if your worried about the private tours here. It's my first trip here so I can't compare, just do web searches on port reviews, and Belize and you will have a weatlh of info at your finger tips, making your choice is the hard part.
Old March 8th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Colin

Dear cruise vacationer;
Is your ship is making a stop in Belize City and you have not booked a tour as yet or have not decided on what to do, then check out my website www.royalmayanadventures.bz and find out about the many fun and exciting ways to spend a wonderful time while in Belize. I thank you.

Best regards;
Colin Gillett