Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2005, 04:21 AM

Default From Seaport to Beach Cozumel

What is the least expensive way to get from the seaport in Cozumel (where the cruise ships dock) to the beach?

Is there a decent beach walking distance from the Cozumel seaport?

Is there any public transportation i.e. buses to get from the Cozumel seaport to the beach, if so where and how much does it cost.
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2005, 08:28 AM
JPHC

Default Re: From Seaport to Beach Cozumel

usually taxies are pretty reasonable there govt regulated.
Old March 19th, 2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Re: From Seaport to Beach Cozumel

Taxis are what Im trying to avoid as they are expensive. Are there any buses in Cozumel.?They have fairly inexpensive buses in Cancun which is about an hour away. Are there any beaches walking distance from the port?
Old March 19th, 2005, 01:23 PM
cali-croozer

I replied on the other thread..........no beaches within walking distance, and I think you'll have to take a taxi. To places like Chankanaab or Paradise Beach, it should cost you no more than $10-$12 each way.......taxi prices are posted and are per taxi, not per person.
Old March 19th, 2005, 11:22 PM
First Mate

I stayed in Cozumel for 4 days about 3 years ago and there are no buses. Taxis and rental cars are available. I rented an airconditioned 4 door car, with insurance for a flat $45.00 for the day. But, if you're there as a shore excursion....it's probably cheaper and easier to take a taxi. I'll be there myself in May 05, on a cruise stop and plan to use a taxi to go to one of the beaches. There are a couple of good restaurants in Cozumel...one I can't remember the name of (it used to be called Pizza Rolandi/they are also in Cancun), it was bought by another owner and the name was changed...but it's about 1 1/2 blocks north of the Hard Rock Cafe and they serve the worlds best brick oven pizza! If you decide to tour the town for shopping, go check it out!
Old March 20th, 2005, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Re: From Seaport to Beach Cozumel

Are there any beaches walking distance from the port. I wont be eating in port as the ship will have plenty of food, just looking for a beach.
Old March 20th, 2005, 12:25 PM
cali-croozer

No beaches within walking distance.
Old March 31st, 2005, 02:06 AM

Is there a place at the seaport where the cruise ships dock that people who want to take a taxi to the beach gather together so they dont have to pay $24 round trip just to go to a beach? What is the closest beach to the seaport, how much is it to take a taxi to that beach? What about taking a ferry to Playa del Carmen how much does that cost?