Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Passenger

Default western caribbean with 3 and 5 yr old

We are cruising Radiance of the Seas in December with 3 and 5 year old, and am researching excursion options.

Our ports are Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. We have thought beach time in Labadee. In Ocho Rios we don't have many ideas. I think the kids are too young for Dunns River Falls, so maybe a beach? In Grand Cayman we thought the turtle farm, the butterfly farm, and a beach would be fun. Is it possible to do all that in one day? Would a cab be best, the bus, or a car rental?

Then in Cozumel my dh and I would like to scuba dive. We were thinking the ship excursion, as the kids will be in Adventure Ocean on the boat, and I would hate to be delayed and miss the boat! And maybe in the afternoon (late afternoon?) we could go to a beach.

Whew! Now I feel tired! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Diana
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:48 AM
rtfromky

Default Re: western caribbean with 3 and 5 yr old

see my posting on 4/13 do excursions on own just came back from cozumel and grand cayman plenty of stuff to do but get off boat first thing as boat excursions come in late and there are long lines to get back on the boat even a hour before they depart. email me with any questions that i can help with had a 5 and 7 yr old and they loved it already planning next cruise for sring break 2006
Old April 13th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: western caribbean with 3 and 5 yr old

dimama - Jamaica - look into a tour with Peat Taylor -he has lots of great advise and will take you just about anywhere on the island, e-mail same as his name, lots to do in Jamaica- River tubing, plantation tours, you can walk alongside Dunns River Falls- stairs that go all the way up.
Grand Caymen - what about the Sting Rays? It is an amazing adventure, no scary at all, you don't need to know how to swim, you stand in the water on a sand bar and the rays swim all around you, you can feed and pet them if you wish-book an independant tour before you go, we really like Captain Marvin - has a web site. The turtle farm is very interesting you can get there by taxi
Cozumel - definatley book a ships tour if you want to go SCUBA diving, peace of mind.
Great reefs to explore in Cozumel