Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2005, 03:01 AM
Admiral

Default Shark Ray alley Belize Do it!

Very cool tour. I booked with Coral Breeze limited, I was worried cause It wasn't offered with the ship. Im so glad I booked this tour. First of all there are less people then the herd you get with the ship so that is a plus. Second this company is owned by Americans. They answered any questions promptly by e mail. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Very professional. We saw tons of sting rays and a nurse shark. Then snorkled the reef and saw colorful fish.The water is warm and clear. Lunch was on lovely Caye Caulker. A laid back pretty little island. It was easy to find our tour guides they held signs and are right in the area the ships tenders let us of at in the tourism village. The price is also good. I would book with this company again.
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:16 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Shark Ray alley Belize Do it!

1) Is the water you snorkeled in very deep or are there shallow areas in case you need to stand up for a bit? I'm a novice snorkler and not comfortable in only deep water.

2) Also, did the sting rays come close or were they at a distance?

3) About how many were in your group?

4) What was the cost pp and did you have to pay w/credit card over the internet to book?
Old May 5th, 2005, 10:50 PM
shirls

Default Re: Re: Shark Ray alley Belize Do it!

I can answer your first two questions. You are in pretty shallow water. I am 5'3" and if I stood on my tip-toes, I could reach the bottom. The sting rays come fairly close. They seem closer than they are. I kept trying to touch one but they never came that close to me. However, sometimes they did brush past my legs. It sounds scary but it's really not. Hope this helps. Have fun.