Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2005, 11:01 AM
KarenConley

Default Tranquility Beach Shore - Freeport

Hi
I hope someone can help me with this problem. I am going on the Triumph June 5th to Nassau and Freeport. I would like to do the Tranquility Beach excursion at Freeport . My problem is this--when I go into my itiernary for Freeport it is not listed as an excursion for me but when I go under the Carnival shore excursion menu it is listed there. I have checked into the other excrusions offered and they are as long as the Tranquility shore excursion is. Anyone have any ideas about this. Would really like to do this excursion and if can do this it will change what excursions we do in Nassau.
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Tranquility Beach Shore - Freeport

We filled out the paperwork for this excursion when we boarded. We were on the Fantasy. At the time of our cruise, you could not book online. I would definitely call Carnival and find out about booking this. We had a wonderful day at this beach. See my photos in the cruise photo gallery under author Cheryl C., posted around January 5, 2005.

Old May 11th, 2005, 09:27 AM
teresag

This excursion is not yet offered online for my 5/29/05 cruise out of Charleston, Sc to the Bahamas. We have been waiting for it too with no luck. When I called Carnival they were very little help and just said it is not being offered for this cruise, "but when you get onboard check just to be sure". We also were hoping for a snorkleling excursion on our half day in Nassau but still no sign of it online. Since we will be getting off the day before you leave, I would be glad to email you to let you know how things went once we got onboard. I doubt I'll have time to post full review that quickly but I could try. We are so excited now that it's getting closer to our cruise date!
Old May 11th, 2005, 12:23 PM
KarenConley

I called Carnival before too and got the run around-- so I emailed them last night--we'll see what happens with that. I plan to check the shore excursion desk once we are on aboard--if this is available it will change what we will do in Nassau. We want to do the dolphin encounter at Freeport but if this is available there we will do it at Nassau instead. I hate to wait but guess that is all I can do. Thanks for the help and I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Take good care of her because she is headed our way after dropping you folks off in SC.
Karen
Old May 12th, 2005, 10:16 AM
KarenConley

Anyone know why I can't book this excursion to Tranquility Shore.??
Old May 14th, 2005, 10:33 AM
teresag

Karen,

Carnival just added Tranquility Beach Shore to our list of excursions. check to see if it's been added for your cruise.

Teresa
Old May 15th, 2005, 10:40 AM
KarenConley

Hi teresag
Thanks for the information about Tranquility Shores- I looked on my reservations and it showed up there and I booked that excursion for Freeport. I can't wait. I also booked the dolphin encounter at Nassau too- only one time slot left for that excursion 8-11 a.m. to I booked that while I could. 21 days before we sail. 'Wow.
Old May 15th, 2005, 09:32 PM
teresag

Sounds like we're doing the same things. We now have Tranquility Shores booked for Freeport, 1 day at the Atlantis in Nassau and 1 Dolphin experience for our 1/2 day in Nassau. I can't wait. It's a good thing it's coming up in 14 days for me! Glad you too found Tranquility Shores listed on your cruise. It surprised me when I saw it on Saturday!
Old May 15th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Admiral

Karen and Teresa--boy am I jealous. Since I did Tranquility Shores last December, I know you are going to have a wonderfully relaxing time. Be sure to check out my pictures in the cruise photo gallery--author Cheryl C

Old May 16th, 2005, 06:13 AM
teresag

Cheryl,

Those pics are beautiful! Now I am even more excited.

Teresa
Old May 16th, 2005, 05:26 PM
KarenConley

Cheryl
Since you raved about Tranquility and I saw your pictures and read the information Carnival had on it I really wanted to do this excursion. I am so glad that it showed up on my itiernary. I now have 20 days to go. We can't wait. Anything special we should take with us on the Tranquility excursion. Restrooms available--cost of anything there--let me know--Thanks.
Karen
Old May 16th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Admiral

There are restrooms there. They actually were quite clean. There is an outside shower for rinsing off. They have beach lounge chairs you can use free of charge. The excursion includes a wonderful lunch and you get one drink coupon. My DH had the rum punch but I had the fruit punch. (not much of a rum punch drinker). There are water toys to rent, not sure of the cost, but we just decided to lounge, swim and walk the beach. The drinks were about the same as on the ship. We did bring bottles of water and small bags of pretzels and chips on board with us so we brought these for the excursion. They have a small gift shop area but again we didn't buy anything. Well, my DH did buy cuban cigars. He got 2 for about $25.00, I guess a good deal. He bartered with the guy. The hostess did play a few beach and drinking games with us. Otherwise, just bring a camera, a beach towel, sunscreen, a good book or portable CD player & headphones and your best realxing mood. I know you'll have a great and tranquil time. We sure did and I'm not a relaxing type of person.

BTW--the hostess makes a special salad for lunch but I won't tell you about it. You'll have to wait, see and taste. :o)

Have a great time.

Old May 20th, 2005, 12:55 PM
KarenConley

Hi Cheryl
The comment about the salad has got me curious. How about giving me a hint about this. I am willing to try new things within reason--so please give me a hint.
Karen
Old May 20th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Don't want to ruin the surprise. Let's just say, it was very FRESHLY made. I myself will try new things within reason and I'm glad I tried this salad. (Hope they still do it when you go. If not, leave a post here and I will tell and show you it.)

Old June 22nd, 2005, 06:05 PM
KarenConley

Hi Cheryl
Just thought I would let you know I tried the salad and found out that it really was not that bad. I have eaten clams and the conch tastes something like that. My daughter and her friend would not even go to the demostratation. The beach was a little rough that day--had white caps and wind was blowing but other than that we had a great time.
Karen
Old June 22nd, 2005, 10:34 PM
Admiral

Happy to hear that you enjoyed the salad. My husband didn't try it either. He took off running back to our chairs as soon as the girl pulled it from the shell. Sorry that the water was rough but glad you had fun anyway. Thanks for the update.