Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Passenger

Default Excursion availability?

Just inquiring as to the availability of Shore Excursions on Carnival. I will be travelling 6/19 on the Victory and was wondering if there will be more availability for the excursions once we get onboard. They allow prebooking online, but there is limited availability on many...and many of the excursions offered aren't available(??).

I'm a little confused, and the people that answer the phones don't know the answer. Any Cruisers know?

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2005, 12:01 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Excursion availability?

I called today as we sail 7/10 on Destiny. After waiting 30 min for a live agent. I was told--all excursions were posted. I saw two myself that are on generic list, but not listed when I select my cruise date. I am looking into contacting certain tour companies privately. Some tours will only book through Carnival as they have a contract with them.
I had access to Carnival Capers, and more were listed on the shore excursions on ship. This was prior to online booking though. It sure is a mystery why every tour I pick seems to not be on list.

Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Old May 17th, 2005, 01:03 AM
cali-croozer

I wonder if the "live agent" really knows???? I'm sailing on June 19th and it took forever for the excursions to come up on line. Jamaica had only a few excursions listed until about a week ago, when I was finally able to book the tour I wanted. Don't give up, there's still time for Carnival to add more excursions. Now, depending on what time your ship is in port, not all excursions will be available (like a sunset sail, if you're departing at 6pm--), but most of them should be.
Old May 17th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Excursion availability?

Thank you so much for your advice on everything; this & "teens". We really do appreciate it!!! What ship are you sailing on 6/19? We are on the Victory 6/19. Are you?

Chris & Andrew

Old May 17th, 2005, 11:59 AM
cali-croozer

You're welcome. We are on the Conquest--trying a big ship this time, plus my husband wanted to sail out of New Orleans. Can't wait.......it's getting so close!!!!!!

PS........I'm still having trouble trying to cut and paste the teen activities...just can't do it for some reason. I hope your son was satisfied getting a "taste" of what's available. You might want to try the cruise critic message board. That's where it's linked. Go to the family cruising board and search for Camp Carnival Capers. You'll be able to get to it with a little digging.