Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2005, 07:27 AM
First Mate

Default Carnival Cruise in March

Just booked a cruise on Carnival's new ship the Liberty. Never have cruised with Carnival only RC. Guess I am reading too much. Never had a bit of trouble with RC and now nervous about Carnival. We have till Dec. to cancel with no penalty if we want to. Going on Eastern with stops to San Juan, Antigua, St.THomas, Nassau and Tortola. Liked the itinerary and leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. Won't need to fly!!
Thanks for any info!!
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Carnival Cruise in March

Sunlover

We have never been on Royal but have taken 3 carnival cruises and 1 NCL cruise. You will love it. Don't cancel. Liberty will be new and exciting and beautiful! I believe Cruise are what you make of them. If you go with a bad attitude then the cruise will be bad but if you go with a fun attitude and look for the good then you will have fun. Have a great cruise and be sure to let us know how much fun you had!

Happy Sailing!

Old May 27th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Admiral

Sunlover, for some strange reason there seems to be a love-hate relationship with Carnival. I don't quite understand it myself. I have found that going on a new ship is the best, the cruise lines seem to put the cream of their crop on a new ship to "sell" it to the general public. Love your itineary. Relax and enjoy it will be fine.
You have to take the reviews with a "grain of salt" read the good and the bad, and find a happy medium. i find that Anne's reviews are the most helpful.
Old June 3rd, 2005, 07:21 PM
Beginner

We have also booked a cruise on the Liberty in March, 06. We can hardly wait! Our 1st cruise was on the Fascination 2 years ago and decided when we arrived back home to begin saving to go on a bigger ship for the next cruise. We loved the Fascination and everything about the ship was great! We aren't experienced cruisers, but our experience with Carnival was nothing but the best!
Old June 4th, 2005, 11:30 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Carnival Cruise in March

Dear Lora, What is your exact date?? Same one as us?? We got a pretty good deal so we are excited too. Glad to hear you loved Carnival. This ship should be great since it is so new! Just got our confirmation papers today from Carnival so can't wait! It will be my 4th cruise and my husbands 3rd, but we aren't experienced either! What are you doing at the ports?? Any excursions?? Its nice to talk to someone going on the same ship!! Thanks for the info on Carnival!