Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Beginner

Default Taxi Cab Drivers in Dominica, Barbados and/or St. Thomas

I am going on the Carnival Destiny on June 12th. Wanted to see if anyone can reccomend a cab driver thats good , and reasonable. Want to find a quiet, secluded beach also. Any help would be great! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2005, 09:35 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Taxi Cab Drivers in Dominica, Barbados and/or St. Thomas

Hi Eric,

All I can tell you is the cabs in St. Thomas are all fine. Get the price up front which is usually $3. a trip. St. Thomas is an excellent shopping port and for other activities away from the boat. Check the internet or Travelocity and do an excursion search for those ports.

Starr

Old May 31st, 2005, 04:50 PM
Mikes Wifee

Default Re: Taxi Cab Drivers in Dominica, Barbados and/or St. Thomas

When you get off the ship...you will see a line of taxi cabs! While in St. Thomas, we hooked up with a Sunny Liston Tours. He took us shopping, for a tour of the island and also to the beach. We could have stayed at the beach about 2 hours but we wanted to get back to the ship. The beach he took us to was Saffire Beach....very beautiful! Sunny charged us $20.00 per person for all of the above. I would highly recommend him.
Old May 31st, 2005, 10:59 PM
First Mate

Default please post trip review, Barbados and/or St. Thomas

Please drop me an email when you return on the Destiny. We are sailing July 10th and wondering about shore tours (so far planning on doing our own thing.) Mostly want to hear if Dominica is offering bike tours (we have a son 14).
Also just read post on new bedding please let me know if any updates on matresses and pillows thanks. ANY details would be appreciated including dinner entrees you likes or disliked.
THANKS in advacne

Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Old June 2nd, 2005, 02:11 PM
kcmom

Default Re: Re: Taxi Cab Drivers in Dominica, Barbados and/or St. Th

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but my teenager asked it and I thought I had better check. This is our first cruise. We have one shore excursion booked that indicates we will be brought back to downtown area in one port and that we must take a taxi back to the ship when we are ready. Do we pay the taxi driver in U.S. currency? Do I need to get other currencies for the Western Caribbean?

kcmom