Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Beginner

Default Belize Canopy Tour

We searched for info about the Belize "Lost World Canopy Tour" before our cruise and didn't find much, so figured we'd give the report now that we've done it for those of you who are curious about it. This excursion features ziplines between platforms in the jungle. You can read the description in the shore excursion books (I know RCCL and Carnival offer it) but here is what they don't tell you.

The group that operates this is extremely safety conscious with equipment in great shape and the guides extremely careful to make sure you are completely safe. They handle all equipment (so you don't goof and hook something on wrong) and they have a guide at every platform to take care of everything for you. You do not need any skill to do this. Since the Canopy Tour was opened in September 2004, they have already had over 11,000 people enjoy it.

The release form is a little intimidating, but the tour is not so scary. People of all ages were doing it and everyone loved it. You have no idea how high you are - there are so many trees and you really just look down at greenery below. It was fabulous. There are two rappels, but again, they control the ropes for you.

The bus trip there is about an hour & 15 minutes and part of it is on very rough gravel road. A great way to see the country. I have no idea where we went but I think it was West toward the interior of the country. They did not take any pictures for you (I wish they had) and they don't have any postcards or other souvenirs yet, so you'll want to take your own pictures. Best way to get pictures of each other is to put a person between you so you have time after landing to get the camera ready. You have to have both hands free while riding over.

Hope this helps someone who is considering this excursion. We would do it again!
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2005, 05:39 PM
Jeanne Ray

Default Re: Belize Canopy Tour

We are cruising on Carnival Miracle on Aug. 7, and have considered the canopy tour. Your info was most helpful. Can you email me some info about the cost? How long does the tour last? Thanks so much!
Getting excited,
jray
Old July 4th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Admiral

JRay,

You can get the cost directly from the Carnival website. Go to "my reservation"and then click on "add shore excursions" next to Belize. It will give you the costs of each excursion.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old July 5th, 2005, 12:04 PM
cheifmom1

how strenuous is this. My legs aren't as strong as they used to be. How much leg power do you really need.