Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2005, 12:02 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival Cruise Line

Just wondering out there, does anyone know when the Liberty starts to sail?? We are booked on it for March of 2006 and really don't like the reviews we have read about the Carnival Cruise line. Any honest opinions from anyone out there would be appreciated.
Getting nervous about it and thinking of maybe sticking with our RCCL that we have cruised and been happy with. Thank you!! Sunlover
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2005, 07:35 PM
donna g

Default Re: Carnival Cruise Line

Hi We went on carnival glory nov 04 and it was great!!! now going on liberty 2/06. Both times with kids ages9-14. Food, enertainment and staff were great. we had no problems with anything...................happy cruising...........
Old June 12th, 2005, 08:26 PM
First Mate

Great you'll have to post how the Liberty is!!
Old June 13th, 2005, 03:22 PM
clem

Sunlover,

My family has been on 2 Carnival cruises, and have been very pleased with both of them. Food, Entertainment, and service was just perfect! I think you will have a great time! Carnival has gotten a bad reputation...but so far...I haven't seen any reason why!
Old June 15th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Sunlover, there seems to be this "love-hate" relationship when it comes to Carnival.
Its such a personal decision, for a realistic, unbiased opinion, read Anne's reviews of other Carnival ships.
When i read the reader's reviews i read the glowing, flowery, super duper wonderful reviews along with the it was the worst cruise of my life reviews and take a middle ground. If there is a common thread about one particular ship that keeps popping up again and again (either good or bad) i pay a bit of extra attention to that.
New ships tend to get the better crews and have better service, the cruise line is trying to impress you with their new product.
I really like sailing on a fairly new ship, one that has a few cruises under her belt and the crew has gelled. I don't like sailing on innagural voyages.
Old June 24th, 2005, 11:58 PM
ladydi61

Default Re: Re: Carnival Cruise Line

we have sailed Carnival and RCCL and are now taking our 3rd cruise back wirh Carnival. Although I cant complain about RCCL - we had a great time, we still prefer carnival and are going on the Valor August 28th - Cant wait. The food is much better, entertainment is fabulous and th atmosphere is just a notch above RCCL. You will have a great time. Dont let the bad posts spoil your excitement of going on your cruise.
Old June 25th, 2005, 06:34 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Cruise Line

Thanks!! We will enjoy!!