Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Passenger

Default horseback riding in ocho rios

I am looking for any recommendations for who to go through to go horseback riding in Ocho Rios. Our family would like to do the tour that takes you right into the water! It is available through Carnival but I was wondering if anyone has done this excursion through a different business and had a good experience.
I have found a couple of places online but they don't have any information such as costs or times listed. And I email one of them, but it always comes back as undeliverable.
Can anybody help me? Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you! Thank you!

Old August 31st, 2005, 08:05 AM
Passenger

Default Re: horseback riding in ocho rios

Old October 6th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Passenger

you might also have a look at http://jamaicacruiseexcursions.com they have a trip that looks quite interesting, you take the horse into the water and it swims!! I've ridden a horsebefore but never into the water like that. looks like quite an experience!
Old October 6th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Passenger

Thank you both for your suggestions. I am wondering if anyone has DONE this excursion? I have found a few places online but not really sure who to go with. I am thinking maybe Shore Trips. I have also found Hooves, Braco Stables, and the Jamaica Cruise Excursions listed above. I could also book through the ship. They go through Chukka Cove Caribbean Adventures. They all seem fairly identical with some minor differences. Can anybody recommend one over the other? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Old October 13th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Beginner

Default horseback riding in Jamaica

My husband and I did the horseback riding in Jamaica last March from the Conquest. I'm sure we booked with the ship because we were a little intimidated about Jamaica from things we had heard. We Loved It!!!! It is my husband's favourite memory of all shore excursions from all cruises.
Yes.....they actually do take you in the water. The horses actually swim with you on their backs.
Old November 8th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Beginner

I just read your post and this reply may be too late, but I booked the horseback riding thru www.jamaicacruiseexcursions.com the web site is great, compelled me to sign up.....the main company is Island Marketing and they offer excursions at many ports, we're going to cave tube in Belize with them. prices are excellant and there are references and pictures within the site!!!