Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2005, 05:18 PM
CWolsten

Default Chankanaab Park, Cozumel

Navigator of the Sea next February. Any thoughts on this Park? We do not snorkel. Thought this would be interesting but afraid it might be too cheesy ? Thanks for any details.
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2005, 05:43 PM
hammybee

Default Re: Chankanaab Park, Cozumel

It's cheesy but an OK way to spend the day if you like the beach and water. I enjoyed it. Otherwise, this is one great shopping port or you can take the ferry to Playa.
Old September 9th, 2005, 10:19 PM
cali-croozer

Didn't find it "cheesy" at all...........loved Chankanaab. It's a marine preserve, not a theme park. If you search on google, you should be able to find some pictures of the park. It's a beautiful place. The nature walk and replica mayan ruins were actually quite interesting and made for some nice pictures. However, if you are not going to snorkel, I'm not sure it will be worth it for you.........unless you like to hang out, under a palapa, with drink in hand and cool off in the water every now and then! Now, that sounds fun!
Old September 10th, 2005, 09:56 AM
AmazingAngel

We really liked it too. It was our first time there and we are planning to go back in Feb on our cruise with the kids. i do not snorkle but my husband does. there appeared to be so much to see there that we did not get a chance to. We saw a little bit walking down some of the paths, but there is sea lion shows and dolphins and such there too.
Old September 15th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Beginner

The park is very nice. We enjoyed watching the dolphins. There is a nice beach area too.
Old September 16th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Captain

we realy enjoyed this park we did the dolphin encounter there if you want to learn more about the park go to cozumelinsider.com
Old September 18th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWolsten
Navigator of the Sea next February. Any thoughts on this Park? We do not snorkel. Thought this would be interesting but afraid it might be too cheesy ? Thanks for any details.
Chankanaab is anything, but cheezy, its a great way to spend a day. We did the dolphin swim there and it was GREAT, worth the high price, but beware if you do this, they will get you at the end for pics and a DVD or Video and they are not Cheap....We just bought one picture, didn't want to spend another $85 on that too. Even if you don't snorkel, which people said was very good, there is still lots to do, a large beach, you can still see the dolphins and swim in the ocean at a small lagoon. They have a restaurant and lovely paths to walk on and see all kinds of lizards, birds, etc...We thought it was a good place to go in Cozumel. I've always wanted to visit there in past trips, but always did other things, glad I finally saw the park.

Message Boards Moderator