Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Passenger

Default Puerto Limon, Costa Rica, White Water Rafting

I am wondering if anyone has done this White Water Rafting at the Reventazon River? I am going on the Brilliance of the Seas (RCCL) and My biggest concern is the length of time it takes. RCCL says the excusion is 8 hours long with at 90 minute bus ride to get you to the river.

If it is going to be a long day, is the river and the rapids so fun that it is worth the long day? I have done White Water Rafting in the states a few times and thouroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks

19 cruises total on all different lines including RCCL, NCL, Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and Sea Dream. Our 20th Cruise is October 2007 on the Mariner of the Seas.
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

The White Water rafting in Costa Rica was one of the best, and most fun excursions we've ever done. I highly recommend it.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 29th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the message. That is what I was looking for. I needed someone to say it was one of the most fun we have ever done. Now I will be willing to spend the 8 hours doing it.

19 cruises total on all different lines including RCCL, NCL, Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and Sea Dream. Our 20th Cruise is October 2007 on the Mariner of the Seas.
Old February 1st, 2006, 12:26 PM
Passenger

We were on the Brilliance in Dec and went on this tour. It is a very long bus ride, but saw beautiful scenery. I have done white water rafting before and this was not as exciting as I am use to. The water was low, so there wasn't many challenging rapids. It is a 9 mile ride and after wards you will have a authentic Costa Rica dinner. (Loved the fruit cocktail)
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas, Panama 12/05
Carnival Valor, Western 1/05
Married on Carnival Destiny, Southern 12/2000
Carnival Fantasy, Bahamas 11/97
Old February 3rd, 2006, 02:52 AM
Admiral

Default Didn't do it but heard it was great!

I went to the Sloth Sanctuary being an animal lover, but some of my friends on the ship went white water rafting, I heard it was wonderful and many brought the video. I did hear it wasn't the most challenging but still 2 people fell out of the raft so the rapids can't be that tame! Give it a try, if I get the chance to go I think I will try it myself.