Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Passenger

Default St Thomas Excursion

Has anyone taken the downtown shopping and beach getaway excursion through Golden Princess? I'm traveling with my mother that has some problems walking..also..any advice on what to do in Isle Margarita and St. Kitts? We're not there very long..maybe some good beach to sit on! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2006, 06:27 PM
Passenger

Just returned from the Golden. You are going to love it!

St Thomas, I would highly suggest you just get your own taxi and do what you want. They are all over the place and very easy to get. That way if your Mom starts to get tired or whatever, you aren't locked into a tour group and would just be able to go back to the ship. Keep in mind that the shopping pretty much starts closing down about 1pm on Sunday, which is when we docked. A few stayed open later. Grab a taxi after shopping and head over to Meagan's Bay if you need a little beach time. Bathrooms and a restaurant right there and it's beautiful.

Isla Margarita was such a short stop and very hot! We were lucky and didn't have to tender so were able to walk right off. If we had to tender, I don't know if I would have even bothered getting off. Be sure to buy a few strands of their pearls. We got short strands for $15 and long for $25. Now I wish I had gotten a few more! The ones I got I gave as gifts and they were a huge hit.

St Kitts we did the ATV tour which was a blast! If you want something active to do, book it! Others in our group just got off and got a taxi for an island tour and they were very happy with that. It was a beautiful island and I would love to go back there again. Be sure to see the monkeys too! We got to hold some wild monkeys on our ATV tour and I guess there was a tame pet monkey outside the pier that you could pay a few bucks to have a picture with.

I have the Princess Patters for the week and if you would like me to fax them to you, I would be happy to. Just let me know.

Pam
Old March 23rd, 2006, 10:08 AM
Admiral

St. Thomas --when you dock- there is a very nice shopping area right there- Havensight Mall. The only other shopping area on St. Thomas is downtown Charlotte-Amalie,very easy to get to by taxi. Its so easy to just grab a cab to the beach - Sapphire is a very good beach. If you go by taxi you can come and go as you please, you are not tied into a specific tour time.
Old May 5th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Admiral

If you are talking about the isle of Marguerite off the coast of Venezuela, there is a fabulous tour that I've done twice and would again in a heartbeat. It is the Tuquantar Village tour (sp?). Amazing array of arts and crafts from all over South America, priced anywhere from $1 up to museum quality pieces. The tour also takes you to a small working farm and then a shopping "mall". I couldn't get enough and want ot go again...today would be nice!
Marty
Old June 8th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Passenger

I am wondering if we can walk from the pier to the Havensight Mall. How long does it take?

Thanks
Old June 8th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Admiral

swhli - the vast majority of cruise ships dock at Havensight. The mall is right there as you exit the ship.