Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Passenger

Default Favorite shore excursion company in florence

Livorno - I again booked a driver thru www.driverinrome.com and we were fortunate enough to have Remo himself. He met us at the ship and took us into Florence. We toured the sites of the city and then went to the Accademia Museum where Remo had made reservations for us to see Michelangelo's David at noon. I must say that we were all impressed by David. He is a perfect piece of art and you must really see it to appreciate it. Remo gave us some time for shopping around the Ponte Vecchio Bridge area and then he took us to a restaurant for lunch up in the hills that overlooked Florence. The restaurant was like an Italian villa and it had wonderful food. We then headed out to Pisa for a tour of the Leaning Tower. Remo had advised me to book tickets via the internet ahead of time if we wanted to actually climb the tower. It was pretty amazing to climb the Tower of Pisa and we were rewarded with some wonderful views from the top. Again, I just want to reiterate how wonderful Remo was! He was very professional and a smart businessman. He has quite a few drivers who work for him, including his son Daniele who we were fortunate enough to also meet in Naples.They can be reached at info@driverinrome.com
Sponsored Links